April 25, 2013

The Problem With Pinterest...

I love looking around on Pinterest. There are so many wonderful things to see. But 
there's a problem with Pinterest. If you "graze" around there, too, you probably already 
know what I'm about to tell you. Pictures don't always link back to the original source.

This gorgeous patriotic quilt is just such an example. I am smitten with this quilt.
I love everything about it...the colors, the theme, the applique' work. Everything!
And after going back as far as I was able through Pinterest, I then "Googled",
"Binged" and "Yahooed" in an attempt to learn more about it. Do you think I
was successful? GAAAHHH! No such luck. That's where all of you come in.

All I was able to discern from my attempts was that this quilt was created by 
a very talented woman named Teresa Wade. I'd sure love it if any of you were
able to help me find out more about this quilt. Who designed it (was it Teresa)?
Does she have a blog or pattern company? How can I find out more about her?

If you know anything at all about this quilt, or are able to find out more, please
email me through the button on my right sidebar. I can't tell you how grateful I'll be.

Oh, and one more thing...If I am the original pinner of something I see on the web,
I always add the url for the original in my description. I think it would be a great
idea if everyone who pinned something did the same thing. It's not only great for
helping others find the original source, but it's the polite thing to do, too. 
Credit where credit is due, after all.
Thanks.

UPDATE 04/26/13:  I've got the best blog friends in the world!!!
I received two replies to my inquiry. I just knew you'd be able to help me out!
The information is as follows: This pattern is called "Patriotic Rose", by Janet Miller
of The City Stitcher. © 2002 It's available through The Quilters Warehouse.
Thank you to friends, Carolyn L. and Ruth for pointing me in the right direction.
(I've already ordered my copy and updated my pin to include the new information.)
I'm sending HUGE hugs of gratitude to each of you! 

ANOTHER UPDATE: Thanks also to Danice who sent a message about a way to
track pins to their original post. She informed me that Graphics Fairy has a tutorial.
You can click here for more information. I know I'll get a chance to try it again soon!
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. I agree! I love Pinterest, but sometimes I come across some really unsavory sites that have been linked to really pretty pictures. I hope those links aren't spreading viruses on my computer. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree, Donna! This is a beautiful quilt. Good luck on your search.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy to see why you love this quilt. I can see you making it. I am no help with your search. I try to stay off of Pinterest as the links...or lack of...really annoy me. Friday Joy Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt really is beautiful. I so agree with you about pinning. I am always careful to link back to the source of any image. On the Google search engine, you can find the original source of any online image. See this tutorial on The Graphics Fairy Blog at: http://www.graphicsfairy-crafts.com/2012/03/how-to-find-original-source-of-image-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna! This is such a gorgeous quilt. I'm glad you were able to find the pattern...Pinterest is a great place, but I know what you mean. I'm not a member, but I still find myself wandering around in there for hours on end! Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. especially with recipes...I come across a delicious looking and sounding recipe and then can't find the recipe. lovely quilt though; job most excellently done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna