June 1, 2010

Hello, Sleepy Head...

Now, I lay me down to sleep...

Oh, gosh. Isn't this just the sweetest little sleeping squirrel?
Michelle Palmer created this image for me as
part of the series I commissioned from her.
I asked for this one, specifically, and
love her interpretation of my request.
I'm so in awe of her artistic talent. Isn't she wonderful?
These acorns were also part of my set.
Yesterday, I created something new to coordinate with the item I
made over the weekend. You remember? The one I teased you with.
I won't be so cruel today...I'll show you what this is.
I made a cover for Miss Ellie!
(For those of you who don't know, Miss Ellie is
my nickname for my Babylock Ellisimo sewing machine)

I think the sleeping squirrel is perfect.
When Miss Ellie is sleeping,
this cover will keep her clean and dust-free.

No more peeks for now...
but I promise you'll get a good look at everything
when I debut my studio makeover on June 19th!
JoySignatureAcornGrey

12 comments:

  1. whoa! not what I was expecting..but gesh I love it...so very pretty for Miss Ellie...

    great job Donna..can't wait to see the rest of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! not what I was expecting..but gesh I love it...so very pretty for Miss Ellie...

    great job Donna..can't wait to see the rest of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna,

    Very pretty. I need to make a cover for my girl. Just not enough hours in the day....

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, you do incredible work. I have sewn all my life and come from a long line of needle crafters but I have to say you have a wonderful talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you have me thinking I need to make a cover for my machine. I love Michelle's work and she is like you always creating works of art.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Micheles artwork too. They are all so sweet and I love what you have done with them. I am searching for the perfect project to use her artwork too.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! I love how much you use a nice cream colored background for your work - it gives such a delicate vintage feel. And the artwork is heart-melting. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling squirrel! I just love them when they're sleeping and not tormenting Charlie Ross or tearing up things.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, I know I say this a lot, but your work just amazes me. You are so creative, and detailed in all that you do. The sewing machine cover is just another example. The little squirrels are just so precious. Wait till you see the collection I have for Where Women Create!
    Love ya, dear girl,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love Michelle's work. She is incredible! Those pieces are truly perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna