June 22, 2010

Busy Hands, Happy Heart...

If you've dropped by today to tour my studio,
please click here.

I wish I could show this entire project to you...but I can't.
Not yet. But soon. I promise. I think you might like it.
I finished this project yesterday, and then went right
to work on this...
...an ATC for a friend. It will go in the mail today.

I went to Books a Million last night and spent the evening
catching up with my knit/crochet/needlework girlfriends.
I took along one of my Strawberry Roses to work on. One of
the gals was really interested in how I made the roses, so I
did an impromptu tutorial for four of the ladies.

I love the exchange of information and talent that we share
on Tuesday nights. I'm blessed to be surrounded with
a group of women who nurture my creative spirit,
and hope that sometimes I spark something in them, too.
I wonder if anyone will go home this week and try to
make a few roses for themselves?

By now, you know just how important it is for me
to have busy hands. I'm always playing with something -
either "tried and true", or something new.
Busy Hands = Happy Heart = Happy Donna

Today is my mum's birthday.
Happy Birthday, Mum!


'til tomorrow, my friends.
JoySignatureAcornGrey

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Donna's Mum

    I would love a little lesson on those roses..they are beautiful...cannot wait to see another reveal....always fun letting my mind wonder just what it might be...hehehe!

    have a good day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL ATC!!!

    Hugs
    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna,
    I love it, according to your quote I'm one Happy Girl! Yes, I am! Whoever receives that wonderful ATC will be doing the happy dance for sure. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creations - those roses are beautiful! Happy birthday to your mum! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the saying Busy Hands = Happy Heart is true than Donna you have the happiest heart of anyone I know!!
    I love all the work that your busy hands create.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's probably the prettiest ATC I've ever seen!

    Thank you for your comment on my pity party post, I just need a good shaking, that's all. ;-)

    XOXO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uhhhh....I really, really want to move to FL!!! I want to be in the club for the Donna tutorials! Then I want to hang out at the Holidome and play with Kessie. :)
    Happy birthday to your sweet and beautiful Mum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. G'eve Donna ~ I just visited & left a comment on your studio presentation.

    I love this creation ... you are one amazing & talented lady.

    Happy birthday blessings to your Mother.

    Have a beautiful summers eve ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna