May 31, 2010

Dressing For The Party...

I sure hope you had a nice and relaxing weekend.
Handsome and I rode out on the Harleys on Sunday for a
brunch ride (and my favorite breve cappuccino) at Panera's.

We ran into friends while we were there, and made
a date to meet them for dinner next Saturday night.
I love that sort of impromptu planning.

After we got back home, we changed out of our riding gear.
Handsome got back to his Memorial Weekend race schedule
(Formula One, Indianapolis 500, NASCAR, etc.)
and
I know y'all know where I headed...
into the studio!

I'm in the process of redecorating
as I prepare for the Where Bloggers Create II party...
so I got out the fabric, charms, vintage laces, linens and buttons,
some commissioned images from
Michelle Palmer
(I think I'm her new best customer!)
and
lit up Miss Ellie and Prissy.
A few hours later, I had a finished project...
but, of course, I can't show it all to you now because
I'm saving its debut for the party.
I makes me smile and it's useful, too.
I think you're going to like it, and it's totally and thoroughly
"Brynwood"!
(Thanks again, Michelle!)

June 1st. Can you even believe the year is half over already?
Lots to do before the WBCII party on June 19th.
Hope you'll all plan to attend, or better yet, participate!
Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing all the studio photos.
They're always so full of inspiration.

Just click on the Challenge button to go check out the rules.
I'm joining this art challenge, too!
Lisa at Tarnished and Tattered is hosting this fun event.
All you have to do is purchase this soap (Target) and embellish the soap carton. Lisa has all the rules on her blog. Oh, and if you can't find the soap in your area, you can just contact Lisa. She went out and purchased a bunch to help out those of you who couldn't find them locally. She's only charging $6 a bar. Nothing to mail back...Just post photos on your own blog the day of the event (June 28th!). Hope you'll join in the fun.
JoySignatureAcornGrey

8 comments:

  1. Enticing us are you...hehehe! I cannot wait to see your room..I will be in awe I am sure...

    I thought about doing thei challenge ..but my brain has no idea just yet...

    have fun with it,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SUCH a tease!
    But I know it'll be worth the wait, whatever it is!

    XO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Michelle Palmer's work and then combined with yours!!!! WOW!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I thought I was Michelle's best customer but I think it is so wonderful that I have some of her beautiful art!!!! Isn't it just fabulous?
    I think I may be more excited to see your space then mine, mine is tiny...hard to do a lot.
    Can't wait!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naughty, nAuGhTy NAUGHTY! You shouldn't tease ... nothing worse than a grouchy impatient person, chuckle!

    I know that it will be so worth the wait, it will take our breathe away!

    Your creation is beautiful, Donna.

    Wish I'd been with you on that 'bike' ride!

    Have a beautiful week.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. DONNA!!!
    They are amazing!
    Your details and exquisit work make my sketches look so wonderful~ so different!
    And...... Thank you for being such a fantastic customer :)
    Hugs!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I think this is one project I could complete! I will make a point to head over to the Plattsburgh, NY Targee' as we call it here and get a bar.
    Have a great week Donna & Handsome Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun! I'm gonna go see if I can find the soap first before I commit. Our Target doesn't always have everything.
    I know you will come up with something totally clever! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna