December 22, 2009

A "Wild Hare" Christmas...

In November, I got a "wild hare"...but didn't act upon it until November 30th. I had only started one of these projects prior to that date (the pink beaded Nantucket Scallop scarf). Nothing else had been cut, planned or decided until that date.

Since November 30th, I've been sharing my works-in-progress, and I can now officially declare that with one very small exception, all of my projects are finished! Ta Da!!! This "wild hare" has had this designer/blogger/seamstress/wife B-I-Z-Z-YYY! Now, I can slide into Christmas Eve without a project on my machine, stitching away like a little elf. Nope, not this year. But, I will admit, these past 23 days were a little hectic and I can attribute my successful completions to:
  1. Having a list that I checked every day
  2. Keeping track of my mailing deadlines
  3. Three awesome sewing/serging machines
  4. Having all my supplies on hand for each project
  5. The support and belief from all of you, urging me to completion
  6. My loving, understanding, Handsome husband, who always offered to take me out for dinner when he knew that I'd been really busy all day...and who praised me for every single project when I showed it to him.
Really, these were all the ways it was possible for me to accomplish this list. Next year, I promise to Handsome, with all of you as my witnesses, that my projects will all be finished by the end of November. There, I've written it down! I've said it! I mean it! I hope I remember it! Thank you to all of you for being my huge, loving, supportive cheering section. No more Christmas (sewing/knitting) Wild Hares next year! (Perhaps I'll bake instead!)

Thanks again to my friend, Shell May from Tales of the Raspberry Rabbits for hosting our "Wild Hare Wednesdays". Visit her blog to see more "wild hare" contributors.

Last, but not least...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our wonderful grandson. Grandpa and I hope you have the best eighth birthday a boy ever had.
JoySignatureBROWNSM
Thanks to everyone who left comments on the Orchestra and Handsome's performance. He loved reading everything y'all said! Oh, and don't forget to go to my Dec. 21st post if you haven't already. You may want to join in my Christmas Giveaway Drawing if you're one of my followers.

10 comments:

  1. What gorgeous gifts! I think that I have also knit that scarf pattern, it was quite fun. Love the mittens - classic and pretty.

    --Vicki K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's an ambitious proclamation, but if anyone could pull it off, it'd be you! Well done!
    Now comes the fun part, you can relax and just soak in the holidays.

    Have a most wonderful, blessed, Merry Christmas!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna,
    Like I've said before, I admire your ability to get so much done! I'm taking a tip from you and following #1 on your list...having a list and checking it every day. I'm starting a guest bedroom redo after the holidays so I'm going to make my list to keep me on track (I'll let you know how it goes).
    Have a very Merry Christmas.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    I'm so sorry, in all the chaos I don't believe I ever thanked you for the wonderful - beautiful box of goodies. They arrived and it was like Christmas for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well thru your hectic-ness you truely inspired me to go for a load of stuff too....no where near the beauty of yours...I love my needle keep I got for your birthday and bet the recipients of these will treasure them too...great job..now Enjoy the holidays Donna and Handsome...I can go ahead and keep those machines running so they don't get bored if you'd like...lol..I have tons I could do on them really....I willbe here next year for the wild hare adventure..I would love to try the ruffler..I have one...nevr used it yet....Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oy! You are organized ... Happy birthday to your wee one.

    May your holidays be beautiful & blessed.

    **new blog** ~ follow/read me here ~
    blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com
    Merry Christmas ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Nice projects...good job on finishing them. I am going to get to my yellow fluffy blanket I've been "working" on since about 4 years. I need to finish it THIS year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Simon! I hope it's the best ever! Donna, you are an inspiration to me. I always have good intentions of getting gifts made early, but alas, I am still working on two of those gifts and the deadline is looming! You offer very good advice and maybe next year I can get on board and have my gifts made early like you. I am so blessed to have met you this year. I hope for you a most blessed and peace-filled new year. Merry Christmas! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo! You did it! Everything is so lovely! I too am so glad the creative wild hare deadline is done! Yippeee!
    Happy Birthday to Simon. Eight is Great!
    bunny hugs,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna!
    I am on the run, so I will come back and stay awhile,,and really read,, soon. I am about as behind as a person can be. Much love and Blessings on this wonderful Christmas Celebration.
    Love
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna