October 14, 2016

Weekend Update...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Pantry Update

I thought you might like to see an update of the pantry today. No painting on the weekends, so this is where we are so far. 
You'll notice one big change. The cabinet that was in the right foreground of the first image has been removed. It made for a narrow pathway, and it wasn't part of the original pantry cabinets, so we decided to pull it. The difference is remarkable! There's another reason we removed it, but I'm not going to tell you why until later. 

The cabinets are waiting final coats of paint, and the ones that are on the left side still need their first coats. Now that the extra cabinet is removed, that wall will get fully painted next week, too. The floor will be changed when we're ready to do the kitchen, but that won't be for a while yet either. We have lots to do before then.

I hope you enjoy your fall weekend, wherever you are. Handsome and I will be celebrating Number One Son's Birthday and spending time with family. I don't think it gets better than that!

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. It's looking good, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    I've been meaning to comment on your blog for awhile but to tell the truth I've been rather lazy about commenting. I am so glad that your are making progress on your new home. I know it's an exciting time for you both. Keep those photos coming!

    hugs,
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color choices and the pantry is looking so good. I noticed the removal of the right side cabinet immediately and agree it opens the pathway much better. This is so exciting and I am thrilled you are taking us along on your remodel of such a fine farmhouse. Happy Birthday to your son and Happy Celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I found your blog but I am so enjoying your stories and posts of the farm and your rehab of it. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna