October 25, 2016

Training Yesterday - Playing Today...

Brynwood Needleworks - Training Day Sunrise

I was up and out of the house before dawn yesterday.  I was headed to my mandatory pre-election training to work as a precinct clerk for the upcoming Presidential election. I completed my online training/testing prior to this day, and this was my scheduled in-person portion.

I'm not often up before dawn, so I always stop to take notice of the beautiful colors painting the sky. It was a stunning way to start my day.

Brynwood Needleworks - Training Day
 
After finishing up my training, I stopped at the Supervisor of Elections' office in North Port to cast my own votes, thanks to early voting. When I work as a clerk on Election Day, I'm not in my voting precinct (and I can't leave while the polls are open) so I have to vote early in order to have my choices count. When I exited the polls, the precinct deputy handed me my "I Voted" sticker, which I placed on my clerk's binder on my way home. (Then I took a picture of it to use here.) Now I'm all set for November 8th, and I have a feeling it will be a busy and interesting day.

Today, I'll be heading down to Harbour Heights to see my girlfriends at Nifty 50s. I'm going to stitch on "Hedgehog and Vine". We'll see how far I can get today.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Well done Dear. Beautiful Sunrise as your reward for getting up and going so early. Thank you for doing your civic duty. I am voting this weekend via absentee ballot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna