February 29, 2016

Tuesdays With Tag - Let's Talk Lizards...

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart

Hi, Everybody!
I think winter is comin' to an end here in Florida, so it's time to think about one of my favorite pastimes...chasin' lizards!

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart

This is my front yard. It's vast - and there's a lot of room for me to run around with the Black Dog. We find little lizards runnin' around all summer, but when it gets chilly, they all hide out. They started movin' around again yesterday. 

Brynwood Needleworks - Our Backyard

This is our back yard. There's a lot to sniff and explore back here, too, but we're not allowed. Well, we're mostly not allowed.

You see, back here is our pond. We had a lot of rain this winter, so the pond is nice and high. Mom and Dad like it when there's a lot of water back there because it looks nice. That doesn't matter, though. We're still not allowed anywhere near it...ever.

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart and The Pond

This is about as close to the pond as we can get before Mom or Dad calls us to come away. I can snuffle around by the oak tree (to the left of where I'm sittin'), but I'm not allowed to check out the cypress trees.

Mom's favorite tree in our yard is that big one to the left of the oak tree. It's not dead. Cypress trees drop their soft needles for a few months every winter.

Brynwood Needleworks - Brynwood's Pond

The reason we can't go near the water is because every once in a while there's a bigger lizard that swims in there. Mom calls 'em "allygators". She says they'll hurt Bella and me if we give 'em half a chance.

Brynwood Needleworks - Brynwood's Pond

She says, when it starts to warm up, those allygators start movin' around again in Florida. If they happen to stop at our pond, they like to lie around in the sun on this "beach".

They'll also float around in the pond, and they look for stuff to eat. Who can blame 'em. I'd be hungry, too, after a season of hibernation. We don't like that they eat all our fish before they move on, either.

They're not in there all the time, but we just don't take chances with our safety. Mom and Dad want to make sure Bella and I aren't on the menu.

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart

We'll run around the front yard and stay away from the pond. We'd much rather chase the little lizards than be chased by the big ones. Better safe, than sorry. We can tell, summer is just around the corner.

I'll see you again in seven! 'til then...
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".

1 comment:

  1. Those little lizards are quite fun to chase and I bet you are faster than they are...however...alligators are not to be played with because they could swallow you in one big gulp and I know you don't want to scare mom or dad. Love the coming of warmer weather and sunshine! We still have a lot of Winter if El NiƱo does what it is supposed to do...rain and snow to alleviate our drought. Tag you could have lots of fun here with our little lizards and alligator-free pond. Keep entertaining us my Corgi Cutie...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna