February 2, 2016

Getting Cozy...

Brynwood Needleworks - Friendship Tea Cozy

One of my goals this year is to complete a number of UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that are currently taking up residence in my studio. One of them is this tea cozy that started as a counted thread project in the 1990s!!!

I sewed fabrics together in a patchwork pattern (before I ever contemplated quilting), and then started stitching and embellishing with stitchery and trinkets. I'm going to finish it this year. Promise!

Brynwood Needleworks - Beaded Tea Cozy

I shared photos of my vintage beaded tea cozy HERE (waaaay back in 2009, when I only posted teeny, tiny pictures.)

It's reversible and very intricate. It's one of those pieces I couldn't resist purchasing when I first saw it in a Wisconsin antique store. I feel fortunate to have found it. It's a favorite piece.

Snail Cottage Tea Cozy - Web Image

Someone shared these beauties on FaceBook recently. I wish I knew the creator of each one, and where I could link to them! I did some online image searches, but haven't managed to locate the artists.

Sheepy Tea Cozy - Web Image

One thing I do know is that each one is fabulous, whimsical and creative - and I really wish I knew who made them.
 
Mad Hatter Tea Cozy - Web Image

I can almost hear the rabbit giggling in this one!


Dog Tea Cozy - Web Image

You must know how much I love this sweet dog tea cozy!
 
Patchwork Tea Cozy - Web Image

Who wouldn't adore a red and white patchwork cozy?
(enthusiastically raising hand!)

Bug Cottage Tea Cozy - Web Image

Isn't the key hanging from the top of this cottage a clever touch?
(Well, the whole piece is clever, isn't it?)

Knitted Rabbit Tea Cozy - Web Image

I can just imagine Beatrix Potter sitting down to a cuppa with this cozy on her table.

Sunflower Tea Cozy - Web Image

Whether they're sewn, quilted, knit, crocheted or felted...tea cozies like these are like fancy dresses adorning their tea pots.

I hope these images have inspired you. They've certainly given me some ideas! Don't worry. I'm not starting any new tea cozies before I finish my pink one.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Jeannie B. said...

I love this post!! So many cute cozies. Inspirational.

Createology said...

Oh My Goodness!!! I LOVE each and every one of these. The whimsical ones really make me smile. Thanks for the great inspiration dear.

barb said...

I have one in the works. My 85 year old mother is doing the embroidery work for me. I will post when finished.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails