February 3, 2016

Talia's Wings...

Brynwood Needleworks - PostStitch "SockStitch" February Kit Contents

I promised to show you the contents of my first PostStitch "SockStitch" kit, and you're going to love it! This is the February kit, with a Valentine theme. The sock pattern is called "Talia's Wings", designed by Heatherly Walker of YarnYenta.

The designer explains at the top of the pattern that the angel wings in the design also appear as hearts, and the name Talia means "dew from Heaven".  Doesn't that sound sweet?

Brynwood Needleworks - Yarn Love Sock Yarn for Talias Wings Pattern

The featured yarn in the kit is a 400m skein of Jane Austin from Yarn Love Yarns in a swoon-worthy variegated colorway. There are gorgeous shades ranging from a light pink to deep, royal purple. aaahhhh. Talk about inspiration!

Brynwood Needleworks - PostStitch "SockStitch" February Kit Contents

In every kit, recipients receive a postcard which lists all the contents on one side, and the inspiration for the kit's contents on the reverse. There are also links to PostStitch's social media sites and an invitation to post work-in-progress or completed projects online to spread the knitting love.

Brynwood Needleworks - PostStitch "SockStitch" Notions

This particular kit includes a set of cable needles (yes, there is a cable pattern in this sock!); and a yarn needle for tucking in tails; and...

Brynwood Needleworks - PostStitch "SockStitch" Valentine Cards
 
a set of four yarn-themed Valentine cards to share with knitting friends. To say the least, I'm tickled "pink" with my first kit. I'll be starting this sock just as soon as I finish the set currently on my double pointed needles! These are going to be fun.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great kit and project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful boxed kit of creative inspiration and supplies. Lovely yarn in delicious colors. It will be fun to see these cable knit socks as you complete them. Happy Knitting Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna