September 13, 2015

Danice's Dresses and Dolls...

Brynwood Needleworks - Danice's Prayer Dolls
I received three more dresses from one of our dressmakers, Danice, last week. When I opened the box and took them out, I was surprised to find a sweet, little doll in each pocket. These are called Prayer Dolls on the Dress A Girl Around The World website.

Thank you, Danice for making these and sharing the link.
Brynwood Needleworks - Danice's Dresses and Prayer Dolls
I think they're absolutely adorable, and plan to make some myself. There isn't time to add them to all the dresses in this batch, as I'll be delivering those on Thursday, but I think these (and the Humanitarian Dolls) are so wonderful, that I would like to be able to add them to the next batch.
Perhaps you're not interested (or able) to make dresses for what will become an ongoing effort through Brynwood Needleworks, but you might like to try your hand at one style or another of the dolls. The links below will take you to the pattern information and instructions.
 
 
Please let me know if you'd like to participate by making these for our next deadline (in early 2016.) If you're not already a member of our Dressed in Joy FaceBook page, just request to be added so you can see the beautiful dresses and dolls being created, as well as photos from our work groups, and more.

This week is already off to a roaring start. I'll show you what I've been working on over the weekend on Wednesday. (I'm not finished with it yet, but should be by then!) 
 
What are you working on these days? I'd love to know!
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet Prayer Dolls and Dresses. This is such a rewarding venue and I am so glad you will be continuing this effort Donna. I am sewing more dresses however I hope there are others who will make the dolls. Blessings All Around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I think Im going to try my hand at the dolls since I'm not too confident in making the dresses. I really like your doll ideas Donna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I think Im going to try my hand at the dolls since I'm not too confident in making the dresses. I really like your doll ideas Donna. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna