September 11, 2015

I've Been Sewing On The Edge...

Brynwood Needleworks - Selvages
Fabrics edges, that is. I have great friends who have been saving their fabric selvages just for me! I spent part of yesterday cutting and sorting through all the remainders of their projects, along with a few of mine.
Brynwood Needleworks - More Selvages
These will be added to my growing assortment to make more quilt blocks, as well as smaller blocks for pincushions and project bag. For me, playing around in fabric, buttons and patterns is nearly as much fun as actually creating finished pieces. 

I'll be stopping in to say "hi" to the ladies at our guild Saturday Sew-in, but only for a little bit. We have an open house tomorrow, which means today will be dedicated to yard work and de-furring the house. So far, everyone who has viewed our place can't believe we have dogs. Guess we're doing something right!

That means there won't be any sewing time this weekend, but I have been knitting. I'll show you what I'm working on when we visit again on Monday. Happy Weekend, my friends.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot of selvages. I remember back when selvages were not so interesting and we merely used them as a great seam finish within our garment or project.
    May your Open House find just the perfect buyers for your home!
    Enjoy some down time dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see your open houses have brought such great compliments! Keeping ahead of dog hair is a feat in itself! I'm anxious to see what projects come out of your huge pile of selvages, you've really peaked my interest Donna. Good luck on your open house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna