May 23, 2009

Well-Worn, Loved, Constant...

Does something have to be new to be exciting? If that were true, there would be no room for "shabby chic", "vintage" or even, "anniversaries".

I was given this teddy bear by my Uncle Johnny when I was born in England. It traveled across the ocean with me and has been with me ever since.

The comfort of an old teddy bear - worn from years of cuddles, whispered secrets, outdoor picnics, first-love tears. Marking years of growth, exploration, contentment, maturity and happiness, punctuated with tears - happy and sad.

Moving - to a new school, a new neighborhood, a new town, a new state - a life packed, transported, unpacked. Relationships long-gone and outgrown, and a marriage of twenty five years. The joys of a familiar hand to hold, a neck to snuggle, the knowing looks and simultaneous thoughts.

In this world of disposable, expendable, and short-lived, this constant old friend, silent witness to my life shared with my husband - our lives bound by common threads, shared vision and boundless love...unselfish, unfettered, unending.
JoySignatureBROWNSM

1 comment:

  1. What a neat post and lovely little teddy. Memories are a few of the threads that bind a life together. Keep in touch.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna