May 5, 2009

My First Online Tutorial...

I just finished uploading my first video tutorial. It's for the Beaded Fringe Scarf design from Deanna's Vintage Styles.

A few of my "away" buddies asked how to transfer the beads from the hank to the yarn to begin knitting the scarf, and it was easier to do a video than to travel to where each of them live to show them, hence the birth of my video tutorial!

In just under ten minutes, it will take the viewer from the materials list through to the knitting process. You knitters will have to take it from there...but you all know how to knit, so this will be easy. The scarf is a quick and elegant project, perfect for gifts for friends and loved ones. I hope you enjoy the video. Be sure to let me know what you think!

I said to use size 9 needles in the tutorial...you should use size 3 if you're using the fingering weight yarns called for on the pattern.

Note: You can purchase the pattern for this scarf, along with the prestrung beads directly from Deanna's Vintage Styles at http://www.vintagestyles.com The items do not show on her site, because she doesn't want to compete with LYSs, but if you call or email them, they are very gracious about getting a list of the bead colors to you so you can make your selection and purchase. The pattern and beads are also available from DreamWeavers Yarn online shop at http://www.dreamweaveryarns.com, and they are also happy to special order beads from Deanna's for you if you know which color you want.

Also: I've made the title of this post a link to the video, but I've also added a link under "My Video Tutorials" on the left column (right under my Blog Archive) for this and future teaching videos.

3 comments:

  1. Great Job! I am ready to make one now! It was clear and easy to understand. Your presentation was excellant! You go girl!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the tutorial. But what else would I expect. I can't wait to try this one. I posted the 1st comment on your YouTube video as luv2knit2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Your first tute is great! You are a wonderful teacher, and it was good to finally hear your voice. Hope this is just the first of many!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna