Handsome took the ladies out for their morning run on Sunday, and after they were sufficiently exercised, he came in to get me.
He said that with our yard full of Queen Anne's lace and clover, I should get a few pictures of the girls posing amid the flowers.
As his mom (my dear mother-in-law) called these tongues hanging out, that's a lot of "boiled ham". Frankly, I don't blame them. It was dang hot on Sunday.
I think I got a pretty good shot of them - Bella on the left, and Carly on the right.
Yesterday started out pretty muggy, but we were expecting rain and cooler weather. What we didn't expect were severe weather warnings, torrential rains and high winds. We came through it with only one big branch out of the huge, old maple in our front yard.
After the storm passed, the temperature had dropped 10-15°, the sun came out, and we had a beautiful breeze to cool everything down. We turned off our floor a/c unit and opened all the windows.
Further north wasn't so fortunate. Menasha, Wisconsin suffered the worst of it. There a citywide proclamation to stay off the streets (and more) from 10 pm - 5 am, except for emergency crews. The city has been devastated, with complete neighborhoods wiped out by what the weather service thinks was an F2 tornado (winds up to 135 mph). The videos and images I've seen are alarming and heartbreaking.
Folks caught on the highway during the storm had losses, too. Semis were pushed across lanes, causing awful accidents, and sections of highway have been closed down.
My sister, Jan and niece, Stephanie live in towns on either side of Menasha and my nephew, Ethan and his family are a bit further south. I got in touch the both ladies, and E's mom (Stephanie) updated me on him and his family, too. Other than mild tree damage, they're all okay.
Please pray for the people who have suffered losses great and small. It's going to take Menasha and the surrounding areas more than a minute to recover.


Gail from Northern Mn, here. Yes, so hot and humid these days! Your pups are so good looking. I’m sure it gets miserable for them with their black coats. My so who lives in SD was out spraying down some cattle yesterday to keep them cool. He said he was glad they weren’t black Angus. My cousins live in Menasha and Appleton-they did get hit pretty hard. If you have seen the footage of the devastation with a silver pickup smashed upside down against a tree/pole…my cousin was in that truck at the time of the storm! Amazingly she was only banged up and bruised. What a summer this has been!
ReplyDelete2 pretty girls. :)
ReplyDeleteAnother bad storm, when will it end?
We were fortunate with only pitch black skies& torrential rains.
Glad you are safe.
We are going to get more smoke too :(
Take care.
Marilyn
I'm glad you are safe but so sorry for the people who are left dealing with the after storm effects. I used to look so forward to summer but not so much now, simply because of the storms that seem far worse than ever before.
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see the smiling faces on the pups!