July 21, 2026

Remember, I told you the wedding reception was casual last Saturday? Well, this photo should give you a little hint at just how relaxed the bride and groom were. They're pretty darned fun, too!

Joe is Linda K's son, and I've known him since he was a little boy. (Linda and I have been friends for fifty years this year.) He and Misty are crazy about each other. They were gracious hosts, taking time to visit with every guest. There was a lot of food, and they had two flavors of cake...a little something for everyone.

The party began at 2:00, and guests were free to come and go. It was like an open house that ended at 7:00 pm. I left around 3:30, as I had a drive ahead of me. While alcohol was served, I don't usually partake, especially when I'm driving.

Misty made sure I came home with cake for Handsome and me, I said goodbye to Linda and family, signed the guest book, grabbed two coozies, and hugged the newlyweds before leaving for my trip home. 

An hour and a half later, I was enjoying a cuppa in my favorite chair. A perfect end to a fun day.

Time for another work day already. It's finally cooled off a bit, so I'm looking ahead to a comfortable day. (It's been awful since the A/C in the store doesn't keep up on hot days.) Today should be a breeze.

I'd like to think I'll accomplish a lot when I get home later, but you know me. I'll probably sit down and end up taking a nap. heehee I'll see you tomorrow!

 

2 comments:

  1. After your busy week and weekend, I'm pretty sure that a nap is in order 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time.
    Sounds like a fun, casual wedding.
    It's ok to take a nap. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna