We received thirteen pounds of pickling cucumbers plus some huge "eaters" yesterday from my friend, Dawn and her husband Pete. So today is pickling day!
My godniece and her daughter are here from Minnesota, so they're going to help...just like my niece helped my sister, Lyn do pickles when she and her sister were little.
Lyn would get the cukes, fill their bathtub with water, and her two young daughters would scrub, while Lyn cut and prepared them for the jars.
Our operation won't involve bathtubs or lots of seeds and herbs. I choose fool-proof Mrs. Wages Mix for bread and butter pickles, and they'll be perfection by this afternoon. Plus, it will be fun to teach my great niece about how her grandma used to make pickles when her mama was little.
I work at 4 pm, so I'm going to get everything set up so we can get right after it when they arrive soon. I'll share pictures tomorrow. Happy Weekend!!


0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!
Blessings, Donna