The "wildest" things happen if you pay attention. Around 8:30 last night, I was walking through the dining room to the kitchen when some movement outside caught my eye. There was a doe eating windfall apples under our old tree!
I took about a half dozen photos of her, but in this one, she had noticed something, too.
Ambling across the driveway was a raccoon! It was heading right toward the apple tree.
Lucky me. I watched and waited long enough to get one image of both of them before they parted ways. Both moved into the tall grass as it started to get dark. I swear the first thing I thought of was that this looked like something out of a Disney movie! What do you think?




It does.
ReplyDeleteGlad they shared.
The Deer eat the apples off the neighbors tree across the street also.
Marilyn
Hi Marilyn-
DeleteWe're both fortunate to have these beautiful creatures right outside our doors. I'm glad they share, too.
Hugs,
Donna
I hope you don't mind if I say it is better than a Disney movie. What a special moment. -- Kathy
ReplyDeleteHi Kathy-
DeleteI don't mind one bit. I actually agree with you!
Hugs,
Donna
Talk about being in the right place at the right time! Special moment indeed.
ReplyDeleteHi MA-
DeleteYou're so right. If I'd been in the studio or living room I would have completely missed it. As soon as I saw the doe lift her head, I knew there was something else going on. I had no idea a roly poly raccoon would amble across the yard! I watched them until they both ambled off into the tall grass. It was magical, indeed.
Hugs,
Donna
Well, they don't appear to have broken into song and dance, but perhaps they exchanged a few quiet words 😉
ReplyDeleteHi Lois-
DeleteI know! lol. A little "Bare Necessities" or "We're The Bedt of Friends". All we needed were the little foxes and a couple rabbits that I see hopping around the wood shed. It would have been a real sight! I think they know they're safe here.
Hugs,
Donna
Don't you just love all the creatures in the yard. We are so blessed to have them.
ReplyDeleteI have four mama turkeys with 17 poults, they are here for most of the day, they know
they are safe here, have fresh water and they get fed several times a day. I have three Toms
that come to the back door when they need something. Yes, I'm well trained.
And then at night Febreze brings her four skunk kits, woodchuck babies, raccoons and littles. It is so nice to have my own personal Disney. If only they could talk lol.
We have a lot of the Canadian Wildfire smoke covering us for a few days.
Shirley
Hi Shirley-
DeleteThat sounds wonderful. Turkeys that beg at the door? Wow! Lucky you!! Funny. I just told Lois I think they know they're safe here, and then I read your same words. I'm sure they know where Mother Nature's surrogates reside. I love that you call your mama skunk Febreze. What a hoot. I haven't seen any wood chucks lately, but I like to think the one I rescued is still snuffling around in the woods close by.
Hugs,
Donna