July 15, 2026

It's That Hot...

I've got another doctor's appointment this afternoon. I've already filled the bird feeders and refilled the bird baths with fresh, clean, cold water.

Bella and Carly had their morning run around, so as soon as they're settled I'll feed them. I'm giving Handsome a break today.

Yesterday and all of this week our temperatures here in Wisconsin nearly match what they've got in sw Florida! I thought we moved back to get away from that. I promise, my northern friends, we didn't pack this weather to bring back in our moving trucks!

Well, enough whining for me (today). After I get back from my appointment, my plan is to do a little more stitching on my Monarch project. I think whatever I'm going to do will be low exertion, for sure.

Take it easy and drink lots of water. Stay safe, friends. I'll see you tomorrow.

 

8 comments:

  1. What are we all complaining about? It's not snowing and below zero temps! LOL! That actually sounds pretty good about now... is that being fickle? 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois-
      Personally, I'm a fan of cooler weather. (Snow? Not so much.) Seems I never have trouble warming up, but if I get too hot, I'm miserable...and I get "gym teacher" hair. 🤦🏼‍♀️
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Same here with the bird feeders and bird baths.
    Not the usual swarm of birds today, I think the smoke from the Canadian wildfires might be the reason.
    It is very eerie, tomorrow they say the smoke will be worse.
    Humidity is lifting but still near 90.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley-
      We've had lots of birds, especially near the bird baths. I may set up another makeshift bathing station for them today. Cooler here, but the smoke is bad. Is this northern wildfire situation an annual event now? Can't someone get a handle on it? I fear for Canadians and wildlife caught in the thick of it. It must be awful. Stay safe, friend.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Hot here too and very eerie outside with all the smoke in the air. Everything is a strange orange colour - very disconcerting. Don't worry, there are no fires really close to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA-
      Thanks for the update, dear. I've been concerned. I can't even imagine how it must be north of our border. Please stay safe.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. We are trying to stay cool with cool meals, egg salad, crab salad, etc.
    The smoke is getting bad.
    I haven't seen a lot of birds, the dish on the balcony is hardly touched.
    I hope the heat & smoke subside soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn-
      We've been doing the same. I made a cold rotini salad on Sunday, and we had that (again) with cold, peeled shrimp on Tuesday. Last night it was burgers, but we couldn't even finish them. I'll come up with something else cold for tonight, although I'm never really hungry in this heat. The birds seem to prefer the bird baths right now, so I may set up another one today. I'm with you. I've had enough heat and smoke to last the next few years (at least). Stay safe, dear.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna