I have more than a few steps left to complete my Monarch butterfly, so I made a list. Thanks to my trusty notebook from my class with Owen, I have all his instructions from start to finish. I'm really glad, too, because there are a few steps I know I would have missed.
Once these steps are completed, my butterfly will be finished.
I know I'll get back to my needle dancing soon, but these days I've been consumed with clearing out clutter. I've come a long way, too. I have boxes of things going away and already the spaces I've been working on feel lighter. I'm motivated to continue.
The heat has broken (finally), so it's perfect for clearing, boxing and cleaning. I guess this is where farmers came up with "Make hay while the sun shines". (I know that's not completely appropriate, but I'm going with it, and I know you understand my usage.)
This afternoon is another classmate dinner. Another of our group has lost her husband, so I know some heavy-duty support will be in order. We'll have another group photograph taken, so I'll be sharing that tomorrow. See you then. I'm off for my morning cuppa.



I would love to touch those beautiful wings (clean hands of course!!). Hopefully you plan to mount it behind glass to stop other people from the touch urge.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your friend's loss.
Hi MA-
DeleteI can tell you the silk threads really feel wonderful and almost have the sheen of real wings. I'll share photos of how I display it when I'm done, but I found two glass, egg-shaped domes on wood bases. My red-spotted purple has been in one, and the other will house my monarch. My friend was at our dinner yesterday, so I got a chance to give her a hug. She's doing so well, and much better than expected. I'll be keeping in touch with her in case she needs anything, and she doesn't live that far from me. I want to make sure she's okay. Thanks for your condolences.
xo
Donna
Oh I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. I know it will be a blessing to your friend, but I simply don't understand how you already have another gathering! Didn't you have one... like yesterday?! Oh, Time, please slow down just a little bit. I am also trying to "make hay" as much as I can in clearing out our 40 years of accumulated clutter. However, many days it feels more like another farmer's duty... moving manure out of the barn. 😏 And I can see why a list is necessary for that project...so many steps to be in the right order. Phew. Quite a bit of patience is necessary, too.
ReplyDeleteHi Lois-
DeleteThank you, dear. I'll pass it along to her. I know. It seems like someone is folding time. It seems next month is here before this month is finished. As for the "moving manure", I hear ya, sister. I've beat you though. I still have letters from grade school boyfriends! This purge will stretch waaaay back to when I was single. I'll be glad when I'm finished!
If I don't have a list to finish the butterfly, I fear I'd definitely forget something. I'll just use this to check off each step as I complete it.
xo
Donna
Any kind of list is a good thing. Those wings look so wonderful, they are
ReplyDeletedefinitely flight worthy.
Here comes August, I thought it was just June a week ago.
Another dinner gathering, but you had one last week, did I blink?
I know that lighter feeling, isn't it great.
Humidity and rain broke here, maybe an occasional isolated shower next few days.
I'm sending good thoughts and prayers to your friend that lost her husband.
Shirley
Hi Shirley-
DeleteI find I thrive on lists. I haven't used them for a while and it shows. I'm definitely going back to them. I'm tired of time being sped up. I want slow time back! I'm going to need every second to get rid of all this surplus stuff...which is a lot. I'm glad you got a break in the heat, and rain. I think we all needed that. No more tornadoes, though. Definitely not. Thank you for condolences to Mary. I'll pass them on. Take care, hon.
xo
Donna
I can't wait to see the finished Butterfly!
ReplyDeleteI try to purge too, but then I find more things that I forgot about & pull more out, it's vicious circle. lol
Marilyn