November 27, 2014

Tea and Transferware...

Thanksgiving Day is over. The leftover turkey and trimmings are in the refrigerator. Dishes are washed and put away. Today, I'm going to sit with a cup of tea and contemplate the past year, as I plan my strategy for my annual Christmas projects. It's hard to believe that Christmas is less than a month away. I'd better get crackin' soon!
My original Wednesday post was going to tell you about my English transferware and my latest acquisitions, but that can wait for another day. I did manage to find this plate, which was on my "must have" list. I even found a second one (same pattern) in red/white to go with my Memory Lane (American) transferware set. (Thanks, Denise, for starting my Memory Lane set for me. We now have a service for 4 of that pattern with the lovely acorns and oak leaves to use everyday!)

This iconic image of John and Priscilla Alden graced our dinner table yesterday for the first time, and will now serve to remind me of Mom and my first Thanksgiving without her. Don't worry. It won't be a sad reminder, but one of happier days and times spent together.

So, I now have this piece to use with my beautiful, antique Spode set, but I also have other new-to-me pieces I'll save to show you next week. I need to take more photographs first. Today, I'll make that cup of tea, make my lists and count my blessings.
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The Alden plate is really special. I'm glad you are enjoying your Memory Lane. I look for that wherever I go. Warm hugs from snowy Vermont. ��❄️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Dear I feel a cup of tea is well earned and I would love to join you. Your dishes are beautiful and very special. Mr. C and I enjoyed our "special" dishes yesterday as we used them just for the two of us and our delicious Thanksgiving dinner we prepared together. Using the "good stuff" and Sharing Joy and Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Well-deserved, too. Thank you for being you. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna