September 16, 2012

Sunday Quiltin' Fun...

 Yesterday, I headed over to Sandy's Quilt Shop for a mini-workshop.
The owners, Kathy and Nora, asked me to give them a refresher
on how to get started with their own block to contribute to our
guild quilt project. Sunday is the only day that the shop is closed 
and they can play there uninterrupted, so I was happy to 
head to my favorite LQS and give my friends a private class.

 They chose the Iowa block to work on, and it wasn't long before they were 
tracing, fusing and cutting away. I shared the techniques with them that
we're using for this quilt so that all the blocks will be cohesive, and after 
only three hours, they had made great progress. They had  traced all of the 
elements for the design and were ready to proceed on their own.

 When I left the shop, they were going to assemble a few more 
components before stopping for the day. It was so much fun to 
 watch these two sisters working together. One automatically took on 
one part of the project, while the other found her niche doing another. 

I know it's not going to take them long at all before they have all the 
elements prepared and ready to stitch...and as with the others, this is 
going to be another beautiful block for our American Treasures Album quilt.
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Very kind of you to share your time and knowledge helping the ladies. Each of these blocks will be true labors of love. Sew many intricate little pieces. Blissful Stitching. Good luck tomorrow with your little procedure. You certainly do have a very busy week ahead. Healing Hugs Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful Sunday!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm watching this with interest Donna,as I don't really know what you are doing,it looks very complicated.
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. More intrigued. This is fusible? Are the edges turned under?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna