December 1, 2011

New Birthday Books...

Two new packages arrived...For Me!!! I didn't just tear them open. I took photos of the wrapping and everything, but to tell the truth, my pictures left a lot to be desired, so I'm going to spare you those images.

The first package came from my beautiful friend, Shell in North Carolina. I was so surprised! I hadn't expected a package from the Raspberry Rabbits. What could this be?

I started by opening the envelope (that's what I was taught to do...always, envelope first!) to find the coolest card (I just saw this card on her blog this week when she showed us some of her haul on a grand day out with our mutual friend, Sharon. I was jealous that I missed the outing!).
Her card explained the gifts I would find inside the package, and I couldn't wait to see what she'd chosen for me. Two new books to inspire me, get the creative juices flowing and offer some new ideas. I haven't put the books down since I opened them!

One book is titled, Living The Creative Life by Rice Freeman-Zachary. It's filled with the artwork of various artists and how they embark on their creative processes. The images are really tantalizing!
The second book is titled, Taking Flight (to give your Creative spirit wings) by Kelly Roberts. I will be telling you more about this book another time, but let me just say that the stories (I've read a few already), images and techniques have already given me ideas for future projects.

Shell has been a great cheerleader for me, and more than once, she's been my sounding board when I have an idea I need to bounce off her. I, then, am not surprised in the least to find that she'd know just the perfect gifts to send to me for my Birthday. Did I say what a good friend I have in her? She's just the best!

Thank you, Shell for remembering my Birthday and taking the time to choose such wonderful books to add to my creative library. I have a feeling they won't be spending any time on my shelf for a long while. I'll be devouring the contents of their pages.
The second package was from my mum. As her first-born, I have a special bond with her. There have been times when I just felt that I needed to talk with her, picked up the phone to dial her number and there she was before I even punched the numbers in! Other times, she or I have long-distance sympathy pains only to find, days later, that one or the other of us was sick, sad or otherwise in pain. It's really uncanny.

Mum also knows how much I love books, and she found two that really struck a chord with me. The first is called "Grandmas Are Special People" illustrated by Susan Winget. There are sweet sentiments, verses and stunning illustrations, but I think the most beautiful part of this book is the inscription from my Mum. I smiled as my eyes welled with tears.
Now, if anyone is bewildered by the second book, you haven't been around Brynwood very long. Mum chose "Corgiville Christmas" by Tasha Tudor. Yup. It's a children's book, but it's filled with all those adorable little Tasha Tudor Corgis and I have just the granddaughter who will love sitting on Grandma's lap to turn the pages with me!

There was one more item in my gift box from Mum. She gave me a warm hug in the form of a British cardigan that she bought last time she visited relatives in England. It fits me perfectly, and with our current "chilly" snap, it's going to get immediate use! I promise that I'll ask Handsome to take a picture of me wearing it so you can see it.

Thank you, Mumsy. Everything you chose for me is just perfect. I'll think of you whenever I wear my new cardi...and if I need a pep talk in the middle of the night, I'll just read the inscriptions you wrote in the front of my two new books. I love you...from your #1.

Gosh...I think Handsome is going to be right. "Spoiled Brat" is starting to fit, don't you think? He told me that I'm supposed to stay out of...now where was that? Great! I guess I don't have to worry about snooping around for the gift he's already chosen...and hidden for me. Dang! I can't remember where he told me I shouldn't go. Guess I'll just hang out in the studio 'til tomorrow and I should be alright.

Man, I love, love, love my life! I'm still such a lucky girl, living a truly blessed life. Thank you for being a part of it.
Photobucket
PS. Happy Birthday, Larry. I love you and know that you're watching over me.

7 comments:

  1. What wonderful gifts! Corgiville Christmas couldn't be more appropriate! I have Taking Flight and it's wonderful. Kelly Rae Roberts is very inspiring. Blessings to you, my friend.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the first picture my mind went immediately to Shell. What wonderful gifts and Cogriville is perfect!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books are such lasting gifts and these look excellent. The older we get...the longer we get to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Donna!
    I have to get Corgiville Christmas right away!
    You received some very special gifts, lucky girl.
    How are you doing without your sweet boy? You must miss him so much. We just arrived back home this evening and I am happily snuggling with Sophie and Henry.
    Enjoy your birthday "season"!
    XO, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee! So glad you liked your pressies! Love that Corgiville Christmas! How cool is that! Tasha Tudor was so wonderful!
    Oh and your blog looks fabulous!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have a lot of the corgiville books but i don't own corgiville Christmas. what fun! happy birthday dear donna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post. I just love seeing treasures we like to share!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna