November 12, 2011

Sunday Scripture...

Who can find a virtuous woman - for her price is far above rubies.
For she seeketh wool and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

She also rises while it is yet night and she perceiveth that her
merchandise is good and her gandle goeth not ourt by night.
Indeed, she layeth her hands to the spindle and her hands hold the distaff.
Also, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

Neither is she afraid of the cold because her household
is covered, and she maketh herself coverings.
Sometimes she maketh fine linens and selleth it,
but she is always wise and kind in her dealings.

She is never idle. She fears the Lord.
She teaches her daughters well.
Give her the fruit of her hands; and
let her own works praise her in the gates.
                                        - Proverbs 31: 10-31
Photobucket


4 comments:

  1. I love that scripture. It reminds me that my desire to create is a God-given trait.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Donna, this is one of my favorites. The woman is the heart of the home, truly. And the heart of the nation. Love this!

    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This scripture and your quilts are a wonderful reminder of the power of a woman and how inventive and nurturing and creative she can be. Serene Sunday dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This WAS the scripture read from the pulpit this past Sunday. How appropriate that you chose it, too.
    Always a favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna