March 24, 2010

Greensleeves...

Remember, I'm working on the sweater (for me!) right now?
I thought you'd like to see the sleeves in progress.

The pattern is actually a miniature leaf that repeats all across the sleeve.
It's a simple pattern - once it's set up - and it's actually quite easy to knit.
Of course, sleeves have increase stitches at regular intervals,
and you have to stay in pattern as you increase at the outside edges.
Thankfully, the increases aren't incorporated into the design
until a person gets the leaf pattern imbedded in their brain!

Don't you just love that the sleeves will have all this openwork on them?
I think it's just one more aspect of the sweater that will make it
comfortable to wear during our warmer summer months here in Florida.

I'm right on schedule to finish the sleeves before the last of the
wedding gown fabrics arrive, so I'll keep working on the sweater til then.
I promise the show you photos as soon as I finish it!
JoySignatureBROWNSM

10 comments:

  1. That pattern is so lovely. What a talented lady you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness it's lovely! How sweet and delicate! I really cannot wait to see the finished work. Beautiful!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Donna, you are so fast!!! I love it, it is going to look so good on you!!! Look at those perfect little stitches, very nice!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so beautiful! I love the design there is an ethereal quality to it!

    Love it...so much!

    Thank you for sharing.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pattern, so much, Donna. It's going to be a very lovely sweater when you are finished. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some strange reason this post seemed to recall the day I made my first and only pair of pants. (I was a teenager) Sewed them up and was so darned proud of myself. Tried them on and couldn't move my legs. I'd sewn them together. Haven't braved it since!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Donna - that sweater is luscious! It will be perfect for the warmer evenings in Florida and the color is one of my favorites! Can't wait to see the finished garment. I am working on a pillow cover which sounds really boring compared to your lovely sweater...is in a basic seed stitch - even more boring...xo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see it finished. It is going to be so pretty. Take care Your Missouri Friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's sweet! It's going to be a great sweater! Perfect! Can't wait to see the final product.
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just learned to knit last year (knitted socks from the top to the toe with DPNs (size 0 and 2).

    this stitch is beautiful...maybe some day i'll make something bigger! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna