September 4, 2012

Farmer's Wife Progress...

 I haven't written about the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quiltalong lately,
but that's because I hadn't worked on it very much since leaving 
in the Flying Cloud in May. Seems I took the summer off without
 really planning to do so. I even felt guilty for not working on it, too.

Single Wedding Star Block - Completed 09/02/12
I don't think I was the only one, but nevertheless, I'd like to
apologize to the QAL participants for taking the time off, 
and let everyone in the group know that school is back
in session, and so is the Farmer's Wife Quiltalong!

Broken Dishes - Completed 09/02/12
 I completed two blocks over the weekend. 
Single Wedding Star and Broken Dishes moved to the "finished" pile.

 I worked with the Marti Mitchell instructions and templates and Farmer's Wife
book for the Single Wedding Star, but realized that I was going to have to rely on
paper piecing to make all the accurate joins needed for my Broken Dishes block.

 I purchased the QuiltPro for Mac program (like EQ7 for PCs) 
and learned how to use it so that I could make paper piecing templates
for all the blocks that were assigned in the last set of blocks we
were working on in the Quiltalong. It took me two days 
to draw all of them, but they're finally finished!

I'm going to send a group email to all the FW Quiltalong participants, 
and will make them available to anyone who wants a set.
I'm going to draw new templates for the next set as soon as they're
assigned, and will likewise make them available to all the participants, too.

Once we're finished with our quiltalong, I'll burn the sets to
cds and make them available to purchase on my website.

 To celebrate Back to School and Back to Quilting, I've put
together a basket of giveaway items to share with every person
 participating in the Brynwood Farmer's Wife Sampler Quiltalong.

 Everyone who is still onboard and ready to get back to quilting
our sampler blocks will receive a gift from my basket. 
All participants are listed here (click this link), and they are
the only people eligible to receive a gift from this basket of goodies.

So, if you're part of the group, watch for my email telling you how
you can receive a gift and the paper piecing templates (if you want them).

I hope you're ready to roll again.
There are still blocks waiting for our attention.
Happy Quilting!
DonnaAcornSignature

11 comments:

  1. Oh goody...inspiration to go on! I do have more pictures of blocks to post. I am looking forward to resuming making some more blocks. You've done a lovely job of making those block patterns...by the looks of the pictures. Good for you. I ended up drawing the blocks in the EQ7 and printing out the paper piecing patterns. Ask me if I still want to work with your patterns...why of course!! CANNOT WAIT! laughing...
    delighted,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at my blocks yesterday and thought I really need to get back to stitching them...don't know where the summer went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my inspiration and I am ready to get back to making my FW blocks. My blocks have been critiqued by several quilters and I am ready to vastly improve! Love your basket of goodies to inspire us into action. I would love to try the paper piecing since I have never done that either. Thank you Donna for staying with us as our faithful leader in this QAL. Blissful Stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see that you're working on your blocks again. They look wonderful. Summer really has a way of getting the crafting schedule messed up at times.

    And I'm so happy that you mentioned Quilt Pro for Mac. I have EQ5 and can't use it because I've switched over to a MAC and didn't want to go through all the different things I'd have to to have it run on my MAC. I think that you've made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best with getting back to school!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and I both need the same time of year off from some of these projects - they just happen to be different seasons where we live. I've been getting the guilts every time I walk into my sewing room. Your paper piecing patterns look a great idea but I have so many of my blocks already cut I don't know that I'd be able to use them. No matter. I'm inspired to get a bunch sewn up this weekend. Looking forward to seeing more of your pretty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been such a busy, crazy time over the past couple of months - I'm itching to be stitching again :-)

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad we're getting back to this - my Farmers Wife basket of fabrics and blocks got buried under other projects. But it's out now and ready to go. Summer went by in a flash - i'm excited to use the paper piecing papers - kick it up a little bit! lol :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna!

    Would you believe I just found a fabric set for my SAL quilt? After 6 months, I'm ready to get started! I would most appreciate some paper piecing patterns. Those sure beat drawing the templates. Glad to see you back in action. :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see your latest FW blocks. I am still plodding away with mine so definitely still want to be part of the sew along. I would love the paper piecing patterns too please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just joined in with this QAL today.... are you stitching them in any order or just random?
    I would love the templates please as I am new to foundation piecing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna