October 8, 2026

Wedding Attire Acquired...

This is the dress I chose for our granddaughter's wedding. I decided I'd rather wear tea length than more formal floor length.

I did order a floor length dress in navy blue, but wasn't happy with it once it arrived. Thankfully, I'd also ordered this one just in case. I'm really glad I did. I love the way it feels (a little stretchy and the lace is soft), and it fits and suits my body type.

It's supposed to be in the 80° range Saturday, but I have a beautiful shawl in earth tones I can wear, in the event it gets chilly in the evening.

If the kids aren't wearing cowboy boots under their formal attire, I'll be shocked. As for me, I didn't want to wear "granny flats", but needed something comfortable (and suitable). I found these. They fit like a glove, and feel like they were made just for me. Cushioned insoles, suede exterior, and not too tall a heel.

I've already worn them around the house, so I know they'll be great not only for the wedding and reception, but also for the rehearsal dinner the night before. Plus, I'll get lots of use out of them after this weekend.

I've chosen an ankle length, flowy skirt with a cowl neck top, these shoes, and a wide belt for the barbecue they're having after the rehearsal.

I'm sure I'll have photos to share of me wearing these new duds that I'll be able to post next week.

Oh, and in case you're interested, everything came from Amazon sellers. I was prepared to go to the bridal shops in the area if I had to, but I wasn't looking forward to what everything might cost. As it turns out, I got everything for what one dress might have cost in the store. I'm really happy not to have had to spend that much...even though our girl is worth it.

So, now I can relax the rest of today and tomorrow knowing I'm good to go for this celebration weekend. We're really looking forward to our family time. More pictures next week!

 

12 comments:

  1. Very beautiful dress! You made a good choice in dress and shoes. Have fun!
    May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi May-
      Thanks so much. I hear "I Feel Pretty" in Mt head every time I put it on. 🤭
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. darn phat phingers. "my", not "Mt" 🤦🏼‍♀️

      Delete
  2. The dress is gorgeous! I love it! And those shoes are wonderful... you'll feel just marvelous and so youthful this weekend! It's so much fun to have a special occasion AND a great outfit you feel good about to wear to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois-
      Thanks so much! You're right. I was fortunate to find what I wanted available and arriving in time, too! whew!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Handsome is going to have one hot date for celebrating! Charlene in Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlene-
      Oh, honey. You're so sweet. Thanks for the envelope that arrived this week. More goodness from AZ. As soon as I'm on the other side of this weekend, we can catch up!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. That dress is beautiful! I love it and I know it will look great on you. Hopefully you will get pictures to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA-
      Thanks so much. I'll have photos for sure!!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. This is a gorgeous outfit. Great combination and nothing better than comfortable shoes.
    Looking forward to photos of you and your arm candy. 😊
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley-
      Thanks! He's gonna be pretty dapper! (He still fits in a suit he bought in Florida!) Photos for sure.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Oh! That dress is gorgeous!
    And I love the Fall color.
    You are going to be so pretty!\Can't wait for pictures of the wedding.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna