January 6, 2017

Working With Cork Again...

Brynwood Needleworks - Cork Wallet Prep

I had so much fun this week! I worked in the studio, preparing cork fabric for new wallet production. I have a new cork fabric in this gorgeous vintage tropical floral pattern. I'm also going to use a new assembly method and hardware, so I'm very excited to start creating these.

Brynwood Needleworks - Cork Needlecase

I also worked on these little cork needle cases. I wanted to make something small in the cork fabric for two reasons. Some of my clients are interested in the cork items I've been listing in my shop, but would like to see and feel the fabric close up, first. These needle cases are a nominally priced - and useful - item to sample cork.

Brynwood Needleworks - Cork Needlecases

Then there was this other reason. Tuesday evening, I joined the ladies at Paneras again. At Christmastime we always exchange small gifts. I chose to share these for my exchange, too. All the ladies who crochet or knit, use a larger needle to tuck in loose yarn ends, so their needles fit perfectly in these cases. They also work for smaller needles - or other small items - in your sewing kit. (They were a hit with my friends, by the way.)

Brynwood Needleworks - Cork Needlecases

 I created enough to add a few to my online shop. I'll write up the description and add them today. Then, I'm going to finish cutting fabric and start making up my wallets. I am a happy, happy gal.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. I amm certainly intrigued with your cork fabric and a small needle case is a wonderful way to experience it. Your needle cases were also wonderful gifts for your Paneras friends. Happy Happy studio sewing dear. Here it is raining and a good day for me to sort and purge more stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my wallet before Christmas and have been using it ever since and I love the cork. It seems to be holding up very well, although I don't really abuse it, the texture is great-nothing like corkboards-very soft and smooth. I really can't say enough about how great the wallet is, I love mine and would recommend it to anyone. Well worth the price for a handmade item (I wouldn't make it for that).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna