January 4, 2017

Homekeeping...

Brynwood Needleworks - Chocolate Chippers
 
No sewing yesterday. Change of plans. Instead, it was a day of bookkeeping, homekeeping and baking. Friday is Handsome's Birthday (woot! woot!). He has orchestra rehearsal today, and he wanted to take a treat for when then musicians go on break midmorning. He asked me to make chocolate chip cookies for him.

As it happens, I had picked up two bags of gorgeous shelled pecans when I stayed in Cordele, Georgia on my way up to the farm in December. They were perfect for my double batch of cookies for him. Now, there's a lovely, big, Tupperware bowl, filled with cookies heading to Sarasota. (Plus, a smaller container staying home.)

Bookkeeping done? Check! House clean? Check! Dogs fed, aired and happy? Check! Handsome at rehearsal? Check! Today, I'll be in the studio! See you tomorrow.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Send some of those to Maryland, will you? haha! You have no idea how hungry I am being on a diet and all! Take care, "sweet" friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate Chippers look yummy. How thoughtful you always are to Handsome. Happy Birthday! I know you will enjoy your day in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Have been literally craving, your cookies all day........ok, if I bake them I will have to test the first three or four, maybe more! Really think our recent rains in southern California have brought out this "ache to bake".....and now I must tomorrow! Thank you in advance for the extra pound! Always enjoy your blog Donna. Happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna