January 15, 2017

Washa, Washa, Washa...

Brynwood Needleworks - Pool Wash

I wanted to surprise Handsome when he came home from his week-long music convention. While he was away, I hired a service to trim up, move out and generally clean up our overgrown yard. Here, in Florida, you can practically toss a rock in the yard and it will grow (just kidding)! But seriously, it doesn't take long for the palmettos, shrubs, vines, and even grass to take over.

We had a too-large Pygmy date palm tree threatening to push out the screens in the pool enclosure, and the jasmine bushes were completed out of hand. After discussing the option of moving vs removal of the palm tree, it was decided to simply remove it and its root ball from the pool area.

After it was removed and the jasmines were completely cut back (to start over), I took on the task of power washing the pool deck and brick courtyard. Our next door neighbor loaned his power washer to me and it was game on (Saturday afternoon).

Brynwood Needleworks - Pool Wash

By dark, I had cleaned all the pavers on the house side of the pool. (In case you didn't know, the pool enclosure measures 40' x 40'.) That's a lot of pavers! By then, I needed to run out for more fuel. I got back with about half an hour of daylight left, so I turned on the yard/deck lights and kept after it. I really wanted to finish Saturday night!!

As it turned out, I got my aching body up early on Sunday and finished the courtyard and patio furniture by 11 am. Just enough time to hop in the shower and get dressed to go to Handsome's afternoon jazz concert in Sarasota. (It was fabulous, by the way.)

Brynwood Needleworks - The Wanderer Travelers Wallet
 
Needless to say, this project didn't get finished over the weekend. I'll complete it today, instead. It was worth waiting with this, though. Handsome was really impressed with the results of my hard work - and timely hiring (in the case of the yard cleanup). Now, if I could just get these old mature bones to quit aching!

As always, I'll take Tuesday off (from my blog) so Tag can weigh in. I'll be working in the studio on this - and the next - project. I'll share later!
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Donna you have truly worked very hard and the result is amazing. Your pavers look extra clean. Music soothes the soul and too bad it doesn't help mature achy bones. Wonderful week ahead too you dear. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the power washing. I need to do sidewalks and patio.

    Happy January ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna