March 23, 2012

Farmer's Wife QAL Progress...

My Completed Blocks For March
These were the blocks our QAL group had for March:
Block # 2 - Autumn Tints
Block # 6 - Big Dipper
Block #10 - Bowtie
Block #15 - Buzzard's Roost
Block #29 - Economy
Block #31 - Evening Star
Block #34 - Flock
Block #51 - Hovering Birds
Block #52 - Hovering Hawks
Block #103 - Whirlwind

I managed to complete all of mine except the Whirlwind block. That's ok, because I'll do that one first with the April blocks (unless I finish it before we start the ones for April).
Terrie's Completed Blocks (Hearth and Whimsey Blog)
We're all working at our own pace, so there's no pressure to finish a certain number of blocks or work faster than you're comfortable.

Terrie's blocks are really pretty, and precise, too! Terrie's blog is Hearth and Whimsey, and you can click here to read about her blocks. Thanks for sharing our blocks, Terrie!
Carol's March Blocks (Brown Quilts Blog)
Carol also accomplished quite a few of her blocks. You can visit her blog, Brown Quilts (here) to read about her blocks. Your fabrics are great, Carol! I can't wait to see how your quilt progresses!

I think one of the things I really like about our QAL is the wide variety of beautiful fabrics used in all the individual blocks. I haven't seen a combination that I wouldn't love yet!

I'm going to add a link up at the end of this post, so that the rest of the participants in our QAL can link up during the next week to share their blocks with you, too. If you're really curious, you can also click on the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quiltalong button in my left sidebar to head over to our group Flickr album. There are lots of photos there!

At the top of my blog in the menu bar, I have a FW QAL link so that you can see who all the participants are. Take some time to visit their blogs. I think you'll enjoy all of them. (I sure have!)

It's hard to believe the month is nearly over! April's blocks will be listed before we know it, and I've already let the group know that we'll have twenty blocks to do in April. For those of us making queen or king size quilts, that means only sixty blocks to go after that!  Woo hoo!

If you're part of the QAL, don't forget to link up below...and you'll have until March 30th to join in.
OH! I almost forgot!!! Monday is my next Memory Lane Monday! Hope you'll share one of your favorite stories with us! I'll have my post ready around 10 pm on Sunday night, so you can link up early. There! I think that's everything for today.

Happy Creating!
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Donna your blocks are wonderful...love how you fixed up my picture to post it...I need lessons. Since I got this new laptop everything is new and I haven't figured all that out yet. Again, thank you for doing this...sure is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna your blocks are so beautiful and crisp and neat. Your quilt will be stunning. I agree the other QALs have all chosen such great fabrics.
    I have linked to this post and will be visiting the other QAL blogs. Thank you for being such a great hostess and sharing your knowledge and expertise. Sastifying Saturday Sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, your quilt blocks are really beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are beautiful Donna, I love the colours and your thoughts behind them too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna