March 11, 2012

Brynwood's Weekend Update...

My weekend sale was such a success that the girls asked me to repeat it next weekend for our girlfriends who couldn't make it this time. I agreed. I'm also going to advertise in the local shopper to draw in outside traffic, too. Nothing is coming back into the house at the end of all this. I'll either eBay or donate what's left after next weekend.

On another subject...Last summer our elder son suggested that I add the Angry Birds app to my iPhone and iPad. I did that months ago, but never sat down to try to play it until Friday night. I played from 7 pm until 1:30 am!!! Then, I played it Saturday night (but not as long) and during odd moments on Sunday.

The reason I'm telling you this is because you need to be warned! Angry Birds is so much fun that I didn't accomplish another single thing all weekend! (And I don't apologize one little bit! lol) I'm definitely going to enjoy it at random moments while traveling in the Flying Cloud this year!

I promise that you'll see some quilt progress photos and other work this week. I'm going to have to turn off the iPad and put it under my bed for a few days!

Happy Daylight Savings Time! Hope you have lots of fun planned for those extra daylight hours.
DonnaAcornSignature


9 comments:

  1. Haha! As soon as I saw the Angry Birds Picture, I suspected that you would be writing about your addiction. I went through that phase myself. So addicted I was ...until I innocently got my 4 year old grandson addicted...at which time he then proceeded to instantly play it 10x better than me! It just wasn't as fun once I realized how bad I was at playing it.
    Have fun, enjoy, but if you find yourself repeatedly staying up until the wee hours ...ask for some family intervention!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, My daughter plays Angry Birds. I watched her do it when we were there the last time. Yes, it is additive. Glad you are doing good at your garage sale. I am trying to catch up after spending about a week at the hospital 24/7 with hubby. Going back to work today, Have a great day. Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I'm so glad your sale was a success! Did you sell all the Tahki yarn? That was a great buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very addictive these computer games, actually the computer in general. I'm finding Pinterest particularly interesting lately. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never played Angry Birds, but my kids do. Be careful though - I think I just heard something about some kind of virus going around on that game - I'll have to ask my kids to make sure about that.

    PS - finished my Farmer's Wife quilt if you want to take a peak!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - then there is Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Rio..... They never go away!!! :) (don't ask me how I know this) lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. And that is exactly why I haven't downloaded that app! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on your sale! I haven't played angry birds but I am addicted to Dragonvale on my iPhone so I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna