December 13, 2011

Button Floozies Ornament Swap Gifts...

It's time for me to show you the gorgeous ornaments I received from my swap partners in the Button Floozies Ornament Swap.

These are the ornaments I sent out to my three partners. (Remember, I showed them to you late last month?) All three of my partners have sent theirs to me now, too. Wait til you see their gorgeous creations!
The first to arrive was this beautiful Button Ballerina from Marsha of the Oklahoma Button Society. Becky started with white pipe cleaners, added an empty thread spool for a body, crepe paper for her ballerina skirt and buttons for the head and hanger. Isn't it pretty? (Thank you, Marsha!!! You're so creative!)
Next to arrive was this beautiful ivory stocking from Becky of Rebecca Rose Designs. Her stocking is embellished with printed muslin fabric, and a paper rose and velvety leaf. Vintage buttons finish off her pretty stocking ornament. (I love it, Becky! Perfect for any decor and full of vintage lovliness! Thank you.)
Last, but not least is the gorgeous ornament I received from Deb of Deb's Vintage Soul. The base of her ornament is a wooden disc, which she covered with silver glitter. Then she added a green cameo to the center and encircled it with buttery vintage buttons. She added a sweet curly hanger to the top and sent it off to me. (Thank you, Deb! I love what you created and it will be the perfect addition to our tree!)
Finally, thank you to Laurie of Button Floozies who organized the swap. I sent an ornament off to her, too. It was a variation on my nutcracker ornament. I embroidered her nutcracker in dusty blue and all the buttons I chose were toy-themed to make it look like the toys a child might find under the tree on Christmas morning.

I really enjoyed the swap, and appreciate the hard work that Laurie and my swap partners put into the exchange. You can click on the Button Floozies link (above) to see all the ornaments that were creative by all the talented participants. I'm sending wishes for a Merry Christmas to all, and looking forward to a Floozie New Year!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. OMG, I love all of these. The bold colors of your nutcracker ornaments are so pretty. But you already know how I feel about everything you touch. I love each of the ornaments you received too! Just gorgeous.

    Your prayers and loving words mean so much to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming by and continuing to pray for my family and my growing list of request.

    Love you...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely exchange! Such different treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the ornament exchange was great fun! I love the version you sent Laurie, very cute!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous ornaments, especially since each is handmade from the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna honey your new ornaments are just lovely. I know your excited about receiving them.
    I remember the ones you made for them and how beautiful they were.
    Just wanted to come by say hello
    and see how your doing
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!Those are all incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful treasure was given and received.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna