January 21, 2016

Restless...

Brynwood Needleworks - Coffee Pouch Front

I don't know about you, but when I'm restless, I move furniture around. I doesn't happen as much as it used to in my younger days, perhaps because I'm much more settled now than I was then. It's a good thing, too, because I ache more afterward now than I used to. When did that start? 

I moved a pair of my organizers from the studio closet into the studio (next to my cutting table). Then, I stocked a few of the compartments with my handbag/wallet hardware so everything would be more handy.

I didn't take photos last night, so I can't show you until I can get daylight pictures.

Brynwood Needleworks - Coffee Pouch Back

I did manage to sew up a coffee-themed pouch for a special friend. She can use it for her knitting/crochet projects...or anything else her little heart desires. It will be in the mail soon!
 
 Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lahp4GsI64

Our guild board traditionally serves snacks for our Annual Meeting (which was Tuesday past). Even the outgoing officers have to bring something. I had seen this little video on FaceBook a couple of weeks ago and decided this would be my contribution.

It was a big hit, with many ladies asking for the recipe. Not only did it taste delicious, the smell while cooking was out of this world! I came home with an empty slow cooker (and whipped cream can). Here's a typed version, so you can just copy and paste it to print out:
Slow Cooker Apple Spice Cake
2-20 ounce cans Apple Pie Filling 
1 pkg. Spice Cake Mix
2 sticks butter

Instructions:
Spread apple pie filling in the bottom of a slow cooker.
Sprinkle cake mix on top of pie filling. Place butter sticks 
on top of cake mix. (I like to cut them into segments to place
them on the mix.) Cook in slow cooker (High setting) 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
Serve - hot or cooled -  with ice cream or whipped cream.
Enjoy!
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Oh the apple goodness looks so delicious. I must try this for the children!

    And the moving of furniture. I used to do it all the time.
    The children would be going to school, and come home to a totally different house in the afternoon :)

    Oh the fun days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hot apple cobbler especially done in the slow cooker. Fun new baglet that can serve sew many purposes! Fabulous Friday Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Restless...me too. Catching up on days , weeks of blogs. Neat coffee pouch...the possibilities are endless. :) and, must make that Apple dessert soon. Looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna