January 16, 2016

Fabric Fun...


It's always fun to choose fabrics and fibers for the next project! 
(The fabric on top is the one I'll be using.)

Brynwood Needleworks - Classmate Class

I'm also preparing for another class for our guild (in March).
I wrote up the supply list, kit prices and cutting information for my students.

Brynwood Needleworks - Classmate Supplies

These are the fabrics I'll turn into new Classmate Organizers to show my students.
I like to show them more than one option when I have time...and I have time.

Brynwood Needleworks - Cutting Templates

I also traced and cut out plastic templates for some of the patterns I'll
be using more than once. They're more durable than the paper versions.

Just a little secret to share with you
I don't purchase quilter's template plastic anymore. I heard about something 
more frugal from a Facebook sewing group...Get Dollar Tree two-packs of 
11" x 14" flexible, plastic Chopping Mats (HERE).

2/$1.00 is a lot less expensive than purchasing a 12" x 18" sheet for $2.50.
They're translucent, so it's easy to trace onto them, and they cut easily with scissors.
  
I'll be doing more of the same today. Happy Weekend!!
DonnaAcornSignature

2 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Createology said...

I would be in your class in a heartbeat! Love your fabrics selected. Thanks for the great tip on pattern template plastic...saving money is always a great idea. Wonderful Weekend Dear...

mray said...

I so agree, would love to be in your class...any class you teach, but the commute would be wicked. Love your fabric choices, and Mary Engelbreit and I have been friends for years. Well not exactly, but I have long been a fan.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails