January 25, 2016

Tuesdays With Tag - Public Service Announcement #7...

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart

Hi, Everybody!
I haven't done a Public Service Announcement in quite a while, but I have to
share somethin' that's been brought to my attention...People Medicines and Pets!

Brynwood Needleworks - Tag and Bella

Mom has a blog friend named Jody who recently told her about how their dog, Thor. (They also have a miniature schnauzer named Sophia, but she's not part of this story.)

It seems their cats haven't been playin' with their toys lately, 'cuz Thor steals 'em, so they've been checkin' out other stuff to play with. They found their dad's pill bottles up on the kitchen counter and started knockin' 'em around. (You know how cats love to push stuff off counters and tables, right?)

When Miss Jody and her husband got home from a night out, Sophia was sittin' on her bed, just talkin' up a blue streak, so they knew somethin' was up. Thor had chewed up a pill bottle and downed all the Lisinopril (blood pressure medicine) that was in the bottle. Uh, oh!

Brynwood Needleworks - Tag and Pills

Thor's a seven month old puppy, but he's gonna be okay. He didn't have any organ damage or anythin', but he is havin' little after effects from the meds. I think the evil cat might have had it in for him, but Miss Jody doesn't think so. (She knows that cat better than we do, so we'll take her word for it.)

Anyway, my Public Service Announcement is that people need to be careful with their medicines if they have kids or pets. You never know if your pets will be able to get at the bottles, or if they'll have help like Thor did. Unless you have raccoons, I don't think you need to lock the bottles in a cabinet, but putting 'em where you're sure your pets can't get them is probably a good idea.

Just another piece of advice from your friendly SW Florida Corgi...ME! 
You're welcome!

I'll see you again in seven! 'til then...
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".
PS. Thanks for the heads-up, Miss Jody! 
We hope Thor is back to his ol' self real soon. - Tag

4 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Createology said...

Excellent message for humans Tag Dear. It is also important for humans to pick up any pills they may drop on the floor so their precious fur-children don't eat them and get really sick and turn blue. It was a $5,000 lesson for Mr. C to learn and thankfully our baby had an excellent ER Vet that saved her life. I hope you are getting mom to rest so she will get well soon. Smooches...

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

O Boy yeah! We came home one day to find a bottle of Advil chewed up with pills everywhere on the floor. Not sure if those crazy pups actually ATE any, but luckily they were both OK. One of them grabbed the bottle from the end table next to Terry's chair. Put a BIG scare in US!!
xx, Carol

Jacque. said...

Good advice, Tag. Happy that Thor is okay. xo

TerriSue said...

You never know what your pet will get into. When our pet duck Dodger was little she found carpet tacks that Jim had pulled up while pulling up the carpet to get ready to put down wood flooring. She ate them. They stayed in her stomach and started to poison her. One night she became quite lethargic. We didn't realize what she had done. We rushed her to an emergency vet. They did x-rays where the tacks showed up. All looked pretty bleak until we went to the vet they recommended the next day. He put her on massive doses of calcium which chelated the effects of the metal she had ingested. We had trouble with that silly duck her whole life. She was forever eating things she shouldn't have. With her long neck she could get into places and find things that we didn't even know about. My goodness I miss her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails