January 2, 2012

Tuesdays With Tag - Week Five At Camp...

When we arrived at the ranch on December 28th, Mike let Tag out of the truck and I was surprised by how mature he's looking now. He's nearly nine months old (and I think a little overweight), but his training seems to have contributed to him looking more grown up.

We had so much fun watching Mike take him through his paces, and when they were finished, it was my turn. It was hard not to smile as Tag showed me how much he's learned.

Tag will be graduating on January 14th. Mike and Joann are going to deliver him back to us, and we'll be hosting them overnight for a change.

Rather than use up a lot of words in an attempt to show you how far he's come in his studies, I'm going to share a video from our day at the Ranch. I didn't put this one to music so that you can hear Mike's comments. (It was a windy day again, but the weather was gorgeous for a day of training.) The video lasts less than three minutes, but you'll definitely get a feeling for what Tag's been learning.

Wasn't that fun? I'm looking forward to having Tag back home soon, but there will be one more Tuesdays With Tag before he's her with me again. We saw his "house" training, but I'll save those photos until next week. 'til then...

"More Wagging and Less Barking".
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. That was the fastest 3 minutes EVER!!! So cute and Tag is soooooooo good!!! And he could keep up with the big boys, eh?? I'll bet your'e a proud momma, Donna!! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing
    He melts my heart as usual
    Roll on home coming date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible Donna, what a smarty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,
    That is truly amazing how Tag is right there with his trainer, waiting for a command. And how he has him
    fetch and come back to him, my daughter's dog run to you and tease you and take off again. He looks so happy, too running with 'the pack'.
    It's all wonderful!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is such a smart boy! So very cute, too! Thanks for the video! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Tag! He's doing so well - what a good boy he is. Here's to his pending homecoming - how excited you must be. Happy New Year!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great video! He is doing so well with his training. It seemed as though when he was fetching he wanted so much to bring it to you.
    But, he did not, he took it to Mike. Well done, TAG!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wonderful, Donna. Will you need to signal him with a whistle when he comes home? Is he learning hand signals at the same time? You must be so excited waiting to have him home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never knew about training camp for dogs but now I can see how valuable it is. Tag is just so cute and doing really great. I can imagine he was super excited to see you on visiting day. Only two short weeks to wait and he will be home again. Happy Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna- I just loved watching your lovely little Tag, he is doing so well. Can't those little legs go???
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tag is awesome!! I bet you can't wait until the 14th!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's such a clever wee pup. Great video and those black labs look pretty good too. Russell will drool over them when he sees them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little Tag is growing up! He is doing sooo good! His focus is spot on. Your fur baby is such a cutie.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  14. donna, my how he has grown in five weeks. he is still very much a puppy though. he is so focused when he is working with mike. i can't wait to see his inside video. such a lot to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year, Donna! You must be so excited to have your little sweetie pie back in just 7 days. He is becoming a handsome young man and so well behaved, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna