November 19, 2010

Beaded Sugarplums...

If you've been visiting me for a while, you'll know that I adore the work of my friend, Paulette of Beedeebabee blog. I've crowed about her before, but when someone makes beautiful things, you really never can say enough about them.

Her beaded needlework pins are truly exquisite works of art, and as I just acquired two new ones, I pulled out most of my collection to share with you - and sing her praises, yet again.
Just look at her handwork, guys and girls! Tiny flowers, pearls, sequins, crystals and teeny, tiny stitches make her pieces beyond elegant. The white heart caught my eye when I visited her Etsy shop recently, so I knew I had to have it.
This was the pin she created for me when we did a swap. I created one of my ribbon embroidered hearts and an embroidered zipper bag for her. (You can read about it in this post.) She stitched this pin in my favorite colors and it's another wonderful example of her creative eye and expertise.
This is one of Paulette's Sampler Pins. I love the variety of stitches and sparkling beads. Look at how perfect her beaded edgings are!
And this is my other newest acquisition - just in time for the holidays - a Gingerbread House! It comes complete with a snowy roof and candy-colored trim - a tiny vision of sugarplums!

Paulette's Etsy shop, Beedeebabee, is stocked with a wonderful array of incredible pieces. I'm sure you'll find something you'd love to add to your jewelry box!
I also wanted to tell you that I've extended my Etsy shop sale until December 1st. I know my holiday giving centers around handcrafted presents...either my own creations or the work of others. Etsy is a perfect place to find that special something for everyone on your list. Have fun shopping!

16 comments:

  1. Your collection is building and it is beautiful. I too love Paulette's stitched pins. Tiny works of art. Happy weekend to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Donna these pieces are just so lovely. I can not imagine how she does these so beautifully.
    I know you will enjoy all your pretties.
    Hope honey you are having a fab weekend and I have to check out your etsy shop
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are incredible pieces. Such talent and skill. I'll be sure to visit Paulette's shop (and yours!) very soon. Thank you for telling us about her. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her work is exquisite! I can see why you love her creations.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! they all looks so yummie! love the way you made them! best wishes! di
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Donna those are gorgeous! I love soft feminine things and those are perfect! What a talented lady she is! I am going over to see what else she has made...thanks for the head's up on these beauties!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more, Donna! I too, have a growing collection of Beedeebabee items that I cherish! What's astounding about Paulette's work is that it's kind of quietly brilliant. Her work is striking and adorable at first sight to be sure, but then your eyes sort of sink into a deeper level where you see the details of the piece, which are so very tiny (pictures don't do her work justice, ladies) and yet every single stitch, bead & flower is applied with absolute perfection. Paulette makes what she does look easy, because all of her work is so beautiful and "cute". But once you hold one in your hands and realize the scale of the piece, you get a whole other appreciation of the finite detail of her art, and you're blown away all over again.

    On top of that, Paulette also happens to be one of the kindest people and best bloggie friends a girl could ask for. She's a gem, through & through.

    **Paulette, if you're reading this I'm sure it'll make you blush, but I mean every word, darlin'!**

    Thanks for featuring Paulette's work Donna! I love to sing the praises of our friend Beedeebabee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exquisite work! It's fun to see your collection grouped together. They could adorn almost anything.
    Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these, Donna! What a wonderful shop Paulette has – I've just added her to my favorites. I can see why you collect her work. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and holiday week ahead! - g

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is some delicate work. Must be time consuming. Must check out her blog!
    Is Kes doing ok?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. you lucky girl to own such treasures....I love her work too...I awlays wanna just keep looking at it....thanks for sharing her with us again....Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love Paulette's work!!! She's so creative and nice, as well. How fun to find her delightful creations featured here! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree too. Paulettes work is amazing. I can never choose a favorite, but I'm kinda partial to her roses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Over the moon GORGEOUS, Donna. That gingerbread house is fabulous! Yes, she sure does do beautiful work.

    Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is truly incredible! Don't ya just love to sit and look at all those pretty things together like that! What a great collection!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna, I'm was so taken back when I stumbled on this post, I needed to run for my tissue box! Oh my gosh, thank you for all the sweet things you wrote and the beautiful pictures. You made me feel like a queen today, and thank you to all the girls who wrote such nice things...I can't stop my eyes from watering. Sending you a very big hug, dear girl. Once again, you've touched my heart like you'll never know. xoxo Paulette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna