April 22, 2009

My Earth Day Walk...

The weather in south Florida was perfect
for a little walk around our yard today.

In celebration of Earth Day, I'd like to introduce you to my favorite and majestic Cypress tree. I estimate that it's about eighteen feet tall now. We had it planted as an adult tree (although its's grown considerably in the past 3 years) when we first moved to this home, and the following fall Hurricane Charley set its sights on our neighborhood. I prayed that this tree would be spared, and my prayers were answered. This tree continues to grow and thrive...and it has beautiful and large knees...a good sign!

I saw the light moving through our palmettos and thought
you might enjoy seeing what I saw.

The front entry is pretty with the light and shadows, too. Handsome gave me this gorgeous pot for Christmas and it sits empty as I try to decide what I'm going to plant in it. There is no frame of reference for its size, but it's actually about three feet tall and nearly as wide at the mouth of the pot. It's big! During the summer, this corner can get pretty hot, so I need something hardy that loves the heat. I'll let you know when I decide what's going to live there. Til then, I'll just enjoy the color it adds to this part of our yard.

Of course, no walk would be complete without a little dip in the pool! We came back in from our walk and Kes & I went swimming - except for Kes. She just grabbed her kong toy and danced around the pool deck with it. Not too impressive, but it works just fine for the ol' girl. (I mean Kes, not me!)

Hope you enjoyed sharing our little walk.
Happy Earth Day!

3 comments:

  1. dee can u email me? cquarter@tfc.edu

    cyd quarterman (cindy ford)

    ReplyDelete
  2. email coming, my friend.
    check your in-box.
    Love,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the cyprus and all the beautiful shading shots...your little piece of heaven....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna