May 14, 2012

Tuesdays With Tag - At The Terraport...

  Hi! It's me. Tag!
Guess where I was last week?
Need a hint?

 Look out across the landscape and you'll see acres of my favorite house on wheels!
Mom and Dad and I went to Jackson Center, Ohio on our way to the wedding.
I was here last year when I was just a wee lad, but this year I came back a big boy.

When we go to the factory where my Flying Cloud was born, we get to stay with the other traveling Airstreams in their campground called the "Terraport". If you looked at this from the air, it would look like a wheel where all the spokes are silver campers. It's really impressive, and there are at least four hubs in the Terraport, so the factory can accommodate many more.

There were campers like mine, and then there were some that were smaller, and a bunch that were bigger! There were big, vintage Airstream motor homes (which they don't make anymore), tiny Bambi coaches (which Mom wants) and everything in between.

This setup was parked behind us when we stayed there. The vehicle in front is an Airstream "Interstate". It has everything from a sofa bed to a place where people can go potty and shower without even having to go outside! All that and you can actually drive it, too. Party on!!!

The people who owned these campers were really nice to me, and they had two little, barky rat terriers. They told me I was handsome and I was very polite. I didn't bark or do anything naughty. They let Mom and Dad look in their campers, and every time they got near the terriers in the front camper, they got barked at! Silly terriers!

The Interstate was pulling a thirty foot International camper (another Airstream model)! It's like having two separate houses! Now Mom wants that Interstate instead of a Bambi! Dad and I just laugh at her. Well, I don't know why Dad is laughing at her, but I think he's funny so I laugh, too.

The sun sets on the Airstream factory in Jackson Center, OH
So, anyway, this was the exciting part of our trip to the wedding as far as I'm concerned. I mean, I heard all about the party dresses and dancing...a bunch of times, but if I can't go there, I really don't care. You know what I mean?

I'll be back next week to share another adventure with you. 'til then,
"More Waggin' and Less Barkin'!"

6 comments:

  1. Tag!!! You've been all OVER the place. You are quite a traveler, but tell the truth pal. When you saw all those "look the same house on wheels" how did you know which one was yours? Spill it, you got just a little mixed up, didn't you.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tag, you tickled my heart! Thanks for the cheery note on a rainy, gloomy day here in Vermont! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tag this is quite the reunion for you to revisit your beginnings in your beautiful "Flying Cloud". Looks like the hub includes some great running grass for you too. Glad to hear you weren't fond of those pesky noisy rat terriers. You are so much more refined and gentle. Happy Trails and Tail Waggin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Tag, it looks like you had a wonderful time at the Airstream camping heaven. You were just south of where Queenie grew up... Bowling Green, Ohio. A great place to visit but living in warmer climates is much better, especially in winter.
    What an awesome mister-man you were exercising your gentlemanly behavior in the face of terriorist terrior barky-ness. Cheers to you!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Airstream Interstate is so cool! Amazing how they fit so much into such a small space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna