September 22, 2016

Turning Leaves...

Brynwood Needleworks - Turning Leaves

Although the weather is still in the high 70s during the day, the temperatures are in the low to mid 60s at night. It's perfect sleeping weather with our bedroom window open, and the trees are turning toward Autumn in Wisconsin. 
 
I stopped to take photos of the maple leaves in our front yard, only to realize that they're falling onto beds of clover. Next time I go out, I'll be looking to see if I can find the elusive four-leaf variety, tucked in with our grass.

Brynwood Needleworks - Turning Leaves

This tall, slender maple is the only one in our yard that has begun to turn, but I know it won't be too long before the woods behind our property displays a riot of color. I'm looking forward to the sights and smells of Autumn. It's my favorite time of year.

Brynwood Needleworks - Hickory Nuts
 
Our hickory tree is nearly ready to share its bounty, too. Handsome purchased some 5-gallon buckets for me, so I can collect them this year. That's if I can beat the resident squirrels to them, of course.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Donna, there is a product we found this year called Deer Fence and it works. We let the deer eat the ground cover and the low limb tree leaves, but not our flowers or bulbs. It might work for squirrels too.
    Sharon - got it at Lowe's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is upon us not only by the calendar but also the trees are turning lovely shades of yellows, burgundys and reds. The temps are cooler also mixed with warmer days. Enjoy your beautiful new surroundings dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are going to love watching the seasons change again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna