October 13, 2011

Halloween ATC Blog Hop...

Today, I'm participating in Two Crazy Crafters Artist Trading Card Blog Hop for their Halloween Hop - and my theme was chosen by my participation in the Blissfull ATC Swap group this month, too.

The Blissfull ATC Swap theme is "Movie Monsters", so I chose "The Mummy". I've done two versions this month. One to show in the hop and one to send to my Blissfull swap partner, Donna L. (Can you believe there's another one?) of Postcards From The Studio blog.
To create my first artist trading card, I started with a package of Creativ™ Paperclay. I formed the head and eyes and later added the mouth. I had fun painting and prepping the dried form to ready it for wrapping. I used fabric paints on the muslin to mess it up a bit.

After it was completely dry, I mounted black fabric to my base card, added the muslin strips for his her body (It is a "mummy", right?)
  
The mouth is really funky, don't you think? I love the two nasty teeth!

I added an oval cabachon and added "legs" to make it look like an Egyptian scarab. Again, I fit it all on a 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" card.
After I finished the original, I photographed it and printed it multiple times on card stock. I glued the full image onto the fabric and then cut out a second head to mount on heavier stock so I could lift it off the card just a little. I wrapped the face with muslin, added the same cab to make the scarab and voila! I hope Donna wants my mummy!
Thanks, Wendy of Blissfull ATC Swap blog 
for the theme for this month's swap.
Thanks, Twyla and Lindsey of Two Crazy Crafters  
for inviting me to join your Blog Hop this month, too! 
You can click here to visit all the other participants.

I haven't done "spooky" or "creepy" before, so it's another first for me. I had so much fun making these cards. I hope y'all like my results.
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. i love this! and the way you made it stand out is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, Your Mummys are adorable in a spooky way. They make a great ATC.

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love those guys!! Too gruesome...too cool. Love em. Great process too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, your mummy is wonderful! I love his spooky vibe and his teeth! You are so clever the way you recreated him, too! Thanks for participating in our blog hop! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mummies are awesome, Donna!!!! They are so detailed and fun. :) Would it be weird if I thought they were cute! LOL Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun!!! I've never done ATC Cards. Not sure what to do with them after they are done (I think that's the hang up). LOVE the photo of Tag laying on his back waiting for inspiration to hit on the studio. LOL. Have a great weekend. HUGS!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool, Donna! Love his yucky mouth.
    Happy Fall!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Donna! Outstanding creation of your two mummies! No namby pamby cute monsters for you LOL These are perfectly oooky spooky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna