August 10, 2009

Life Is A Highway...

Well, our life isn't really a highway, but it feels that way the past couple of days. Handsome and I are thoroughly enjoying our road trip together. Our days are spent chatting and laughing as we traverse the miles to our boys and their families.

As we checked into the hotel in Champaign/Urbana, Illinois last night I was reminded of two things...
1. I love sleeping in my own bed in my own room, and
2. I promised you a short post today

I won't be sleeping in my bed anytime soon, but I love thoughts of home. I own this vintage postcard from the New Home Sewing Machine Company. It's one of my favorite cards and thought you might like it, too.

Click on the postcard for a larger image to save to your computer. Please enjoy it, and if you use it, feel free to email photos of your finished project to me. I'd love to see what you come up with and share it with the rest of our talented group.
JoySignatureBROWNSM
Don't forget the drawing for my 100th Post Giveaway is Friday, and when you leave a comment on my posts, you receive an entry in the drawing. Feel free to take my Giveaway Button for your blog to link to my Giveaway and you'll receive 2 extra entries!

7 comments:

  1. lovely post card...I left you a little something on my blog...

    www.deedeescraftspot.blogspot.com

    hope you travels are all fun and afe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get there today, right? So enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're almost here, you're almost here, you're almost here!!! Are you getting excited yet? Rowan can hardly contain herself, see you tomorrow (Wednesday)? Talk soon! Call anytime!

    Love, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know what other people do with their copies of the postcards too! They're so pretty. I hope you're having a great trip! It sounds fun so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna the card is so sweet. I saved it. BTW I am having a Gift A Way at my blog so I hope you come by and visit too so you can enter. I have added you as a follower already. I kind a stole your rules hope thats ok. Good luck with yours and enjoy the road trip. It is kind of fun tagging along on the ride. Keep up the updates.
    Safe travel and Many Blessings,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely postcard! I collect old postcards and keep them in an album. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lady!

    Am sorry I didn't get here last night for your daily smile (to give and take one) I got caught up with "stuff". Good news! I have a new "client", I am working again! 3 days a week for now.

    I like how you put that - As we checked in, I am reminded... I miss my bed! ;)

    The post card is very pretty. Hhhmmmm... What might I do with it.... Need to think on that.

    Enjoy your visit. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna