March 24, 2009

Today is the day...

Well, as promised, today is the day I unveil the details of Preston's Christening gown. I'm very excited to get started on the gown, and wanted to begin by showing you all the components that will go into its creation.

You can click on the link in my Flickr album on the left hand column to see all the photos, but I decided to post one photo...that of my muse...to start this "adventure". Meet my great nephew, Preston Michael. He was born on March 4, 2009, in Wisconsin. He weighed 6# 7 oz., and measured 20.5” long. I finally received a new batch of photos. This was taken over the weekend by his aunt.

I'll start the actual cutting and sewing tomorrow, but had to keep my word and get some photos up for my grandma girlfriends, who have been waiting patiently for me to get over my darned cold so I could get crackin' on this project.

More tomorrow!
Joy!
Donna

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo, another adventure begins. Preston is georgeous and Ethan looks pleased to have a little cousin to dote on. The embroidery pattern you have chosen is really nice and I'm very envious of your flash sewing machine.

    Minimiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    What ever you do will be beautiful and maded with love...you go girlfriend...

    Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preston is such a cutie, a doll.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna