March 15, 2009

I think this is the start of something BIG!

I'm giggling as I write my very first blog post. Borne out of necessity, I found myself with no outlet for my thoughts - homeless, having been "forbidden" to post further on Ravelry as of this weekend. I'll wear that as a badge of honor, and for those of you who don't already know the reasons, I've chosen to perhaps reveal them at a later time (or you can read more about it on blogs belonging to my friends on the left hand column).

For now, I'm excited to be introducing myself to you and hoping that you find yourself enjoying my ramblings on family, pets, crafts and other aspects of my life in Florida. You'll get to see lots of photographs, as I'll no doubt share my recent sewing, knitting or crafting projects with you. I'll be back soon posting more photographs, projects and thoughts.

I'm Donna, but my two stepsons nicknamed me "Deece" about 25 years ago. The name stuck and now that's what the people closest in my life call me. You can, too!

Welcome to Brynwood Needleworks, and my life.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. I am known as dogloverknits in "other" locations. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you put your mind to something--you just get it done. I will watch with pride as always
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deece ... sorry you got banned, too, but know that we're with you in spirit! Personally, I think it's going to be liberating, and I refuse to try to get back in. I won't grovel. I just wish my daughter hadn't gotten caught up in the dragnet, but because we share an IP address ... well, she's now deprived of getting to her stash, her projects and her friends ... and this girl is shy, so that's really horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you got caught up in the dragnet, but I'm glad you choose to look at it as a badge of honor, too. If I'm too conservative for the Ravelry cesspool, that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, the blog looks great! Especially love your header-- it's beautiful. And thank you, too, for linking to my Etsy site! I'm glad we can keep in touch this way. I think, in the long run, we'll be glad we are not associated with Ravelry when it goes down (or when the general public finds out what is really at it's core...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for leaving comments. I'm really excited about this new "adventure" and look forward to keeping in touch with you through my new blog!
    Hugs and gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna,

    I am glad to find you....I will miss you on Grandma's Hand....but I know we can keep in touch. Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna