March 29, 2009

Space Shuttle Lands Safely...

It was around 3 pm on Saturday. I was in one of our guest rooms puttering around, when BOOM! I stood up and then ran off to the garage where Handsome was working on a few photo equipment sets ups.

The usual, "What the #@%&!! was that?" and all we could figure was a sonic boom. Well, it turns out we were right, but we'd completely missed the fact that the Shuttle Discovery was scheduled to return to terra firma this weekend. Here, we are always so excited when they depart and return, that we can't believe we missed this touchdown!

We caught the news article this morning as we read our local online newspaper. According to the story, the landing had been delayed due to high winds. (We can vouch for that! It was windy all day.) The winds turned around and conditions adjusted just enough so that the crew could make their landing in the final window of opportunity for the day.

Discovery's 13-day mission was a success, and their craft and crew landed safely at Cape Canaveral today. Prayers answered...

(Photograph courtesy of AP/Chris O'Meara)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna