November 28, 2012

The Circle Is Unbroken...

I spent Wednesday preparing for a two-part applique' class that I'll be teaching at a local quilt shop on Friday. I've always enjoyed teaching, whether it be counted thread, needlepoint, embroidery, sewing, quilting or even outdoor skills (I know. Totally unrelated to the gentle arts, right?)

Being a teacher was something I always dreamed of as a child, and it seems that my path has followed my dreams for the past forty years or so. I've been blessed to be in a position to always follow my muse.

By the end of the day, I was ready to head to class. I have my outline and hand-outs ready; my finished samples are packed; and have readied my supplies. Kits are being assembled by the shop, so I don't have to concern myself with that. I've already discussed all those little "extras" related to applique' that the shop will want to have on hand, so the students will probably go on a spree after the class, too.

This will be my first teaching experience at this shop, but I've been asked to also teach two new class series there in the new year. I'll be planning my modules for classes in paper piecing (most likely using the Farmer's Wife book), as well as an embroidery class.

I wish Mom (Grace) lived closer. She loves that I'll be teaching classes in the first of the needlearts that she ever taught me. She'd be smiling all through the class if she could be here to go with me. She likes that the circle is unbroken, and she's always so proud of me. She's another blessing in my life. (Thanks, Mom!)
With all the excitement of having Marion and Doug visiting with us over the weekend, I just flat forgot to write my Memory Lane Monday post. So, I'm going to write two in December...the first on Monday, December 3rd, and my last post in my Memory Lane Monday on Monday, December 31st. I hope you'll join me - even sharing a story of your own if you'd like - as we close out the series together.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Looks like wonderful class projects. Have a wonderful time planning and teaching!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have you teach me at classes. You will be wonderful and the learners will be very fortunate. Looking forward to seeing photos of the projects and progress. Teaching is such a wonderful way to share knowledge and carry on traditions. Bless you dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna