November 13, 2012

One Silly Picture...

One of the down sides of being the recording secretary for our quilt guild is that I'm not in charge of taking pictures. I'm usually busy with my laptop instead of my camera.

There were so many fabulous quilts to see last night. We had sixteen participants in our "At The Movies" challenge! Let's see if I can remember the titles...Castaway, ET, Jungle Book, Pink Panther (mine), Mary Poppins, Babe Charlotte's Web, Yellow Submarine, Wizard of Oz, Gone With The Wind (3!), Steel Magnolias, Bambi, The Birds,  Planes Trains and Automobiles and Titanic. They were fabulous!

We also got to see the doll quilts for The Salvation Army, Headstart quilts, personal projects and of course, those gorgeous American Treasures blocks. Three are completed now, with another five or six getting close. My girlfriend, Kathy took this picture of me showing off the Wisconsin block. We all laughed because every time someone held up a camera (or iPad!) to take a picture of me, I struck my silly pose. (You can click on it to see a larger version, but I thought this size was plenty close enough.)

I spent the day editing video for the North Port Concert Band concert that was held on November 1st. (I know. I''m finally getting around to it.) But, I managed to finish all the edits before I had to pack the Explorer and get to our meeting. When I got back home around 9:30, I burned the dvds of the concert for the band members who purchased them. I'll be delivering them today, in time for the band's next rehearsal on Thursday night.

So, that's my way of giving you a full explanation of why there are no interesting photos of a day spent in the studio or projects completed by my talented quilting friends. I intend to get my hands on more photos from last night, and I'll post them when I do. I know Kathy has more!
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. Great picture.
    Lord Donna you make my head spin,don't you ever sit still.....love to all,Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo of you is adorable. I would say you look very proud of a beautiful applique block you designed and hand appliqued. Bravo. My goodness you get a lot done in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say Cheeeeeeese! :o)
    Its a fun photo.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pose and I would say a skinner looking you too. That cycling must be working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture and beautiful block!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna