November 7, 2012

Almost There...

I so hoped that I would be able to share my finished Scrappy Plates quilt with you by today. I worked on it for a long time yesterday, but it's just not finished yet. I continued to make those little, invisible stitches...
but the quilt is a queen size, and I'm still tired from working at the polls. It was a satisfying and challenging job, but it demanded full attention the whole time. I'm only telling you this to give a lame excuse explain why it's still not finished.
I will have photographs to share tomorrow. I'm going to stick with this until it's finished today. It's a process I really love, and it's relaxing, too, so don't think I'm viewing the task as a negative. No way!
One last thing. Words cannot express my thanks to Tag's Aunt Rita at Driftwood Pet Care and Kennels. She and her staff not only took excellent care of my boy, but when I went to pick him up and pay his bill, she informed me that there was no charge. When I expressed surprise, she told me that because I was "doing my civic duty" (working at the polls), they were comping his stay. I actually started to cry and told her how much I appreciated her gesture. I knew that I was tired from our day, but I even surprised myself when I got weepy! I will say though, my gratitude was heartfelt and genuine. Thank you, Rita and Fred. You're the best!
DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. Donna,
    Just beautiful like all the rest of your projects!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, thank you for working the polls! It's my intention to begin doing the same, just wanted to get this year out of the way first.
    The quilt is lovely and your reason for not yet being finished is excellent; well done! On both accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is lovely! I will look forward to seeing it finished. Enjoy your day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the grand unveiling!

    Good for you for working the polls. I always make sure I thank whomever is doing that because I know how hard they work and what a long day it is for most. This year, I voted by absentee ballot and will definately do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful quilt there is no reason to rush the joy of hand stitching which you like doing. Good people do good things...you and Handsome working the polls and Rita and Fred comping Tag's stay. Blessings dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Wow WOW Aunt Rita is totally cool! How wonderful!!! It is little things like that that made my day. Thanks for sharing that wonderful gesture.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Donna! Such a work of art! And thank you for working the polls. My step-mom-in-law and cousin's wife also do that. Its a long day with very little relief, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna