January 14, 2011

Please Join Me On Memory Lane...

One of the things I've noticed in the time I've spent in Blogland is that we all love to share our favorite stories. We share stories from our childhood or memories of days gone by. We share the stories our parents taught us. Wonderfully, we then create stories for our own children.

These are the stories we have in common with our siblings and cousins. The stories we laugh about when we're with old friends. The memories of babies, new loves and long-gone relatives. The stories of our lives.

I love taking joyful walks down Memory Lane, and I've found that I really enjoy taking those walks with you. With that in mind, I'd like to invite you to join me the last Monday of each month for Memory Lane Mondays.

I'll start on January 31st with my first installment. I'll be adding a Mr. Linky so that anyone who would like to participate can link from their blogs back here. I'm looking forward to reading your favorite stories, and sharing mine with you.
I've made buttons for you to put on your sidebar, and add to your Memory Lane Mondays posts. (You can chose the black and white version or the antiqued one.) This image was taken in 1953 in Oxshott Woods in England. The beautiful woman is the mother of my mum's friend, Pam. She was like a second mother to mine and I've often heard her referred to as "Ma Warren". I love this picture of her because her expression is so pure and joyful. It was taken by one of my parents on an afternoon that a whole group of friends picnicked in the woods.
I know you're thinking of a story right now that you'd love to share with your readers. It can be sweet, sad, funny or even...well, gross...but we'd all love to read about it! (I'm thinking about a funny/gross story involving riding Holstein cows in Wisconsin when we were kids, but I'll save it for another time!)

Let me know in the comments section if you'd like to play along. You can just join in anytime. I'd love it if you would.

UPDATE 1/18/11: Thank you to everyone who responded positively to this post. I really appreciated the comments requesting reminders ahead of each MLM. I will be reminding participants the weekend before each Memory Lane Monday, so that everyone can get their favorite tales ready to share. Thanks again!

20 comments:

  1. This sounds Wonderful Donna, I've saved the Antique Button and I'll be there!!!
    Hugs to you, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea is so lovely. I'd like to participate, maybe..... Hugs, Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great idea. I'll have to start thinking. Nothing which involves a photo of my mum though - she reads my blog and I'd get the telling-off of my life if she tuned in and saw herself there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea but I don't think I have any stories that would top some of the bloggers I've encountered - lol

    I'll have to start thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may take you up on this great blog project...I am a sucker for old family stories & the photos that go with them. Glad to see you are feeling better! Hugs Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Donna this is a wonderful idea. I always find myself relating to my Grandma and her stories and teachings. It will be fun to participate however I must wait til Feb as we are road tripping through the rest of January.
    Your memory photo is joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to hear your stories! Fun!!!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to tie your event in with my Love Is... some how ... I'm taking your button ... now to figure what to do with it. I'm not good at this, sweetie.

    Have a beautiful PS weekend.
    TTFN ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't make a link Donna ... help!

    TTFN ~ Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna!!!

    I love, love love this! I love to read stories and ahem, have been known to share a story or two!

    I've grabbed your button and will post it on my sidebar.....I have ONE request though, since it's only going to be a once a month event? Can you post a reminder a couple of days BEFORE so it jogs the mind of those of us that are ummm, well, scattered/busy/forgetful!!
    Look forward to this!

    Oh,,,,and I'm having a little Giveaway, Ends on Monday if you want to stop over and Enter!

    Hugs, Love and a Bus!
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun idea....

    Yes this picture is fun and I will see if I have a few old stories to dig from my past....mine will be mostly funny I am sure...hehehe!

    what fun it is the remember the good ol days

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh! not sure if I can do this but what a good idea. I'm going to try.....always work best when i've got a date to work to! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. This really sounds marvelous, Donna! I usually never have time to participate in such activities but this one is so intriguing. I hope I remember on the 31st but I would love to join in. xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  14. dee, sounds like fun, I have posted the button on my sidebar, hopefully I can dig up some old photos and can come up with some stories. I am really looking forward to reading yours!!!
    Hugs,
    Mags
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to do this! Family memories and stories are so much fun to write, and to read! Like someone else requested... a two day reminder would be really helpful. I tend to forget to even check my calendar, but I check my blog updates most every day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea you were doing this until tonight. Gosh I have missed stopping in for a visit. I have had fun tonight catching up though.
    This is a great idea and I will have to think about a memory to share on Monday.
    Love ya honey
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a interesting thing to do..I could write a memorey every day :)
    Please put me on your reminder list.How do I link the picture back to Memory Lane Mondays?

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a bummer..I hit publish and thing started flickering and "poof" it was gone...anyhow please put me on your reminder list :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I already love your story about this photo being your Mums friend. And I learned something new. I had no idea your Mum was from England. This sounds fun. Hopefully I can join in but either way I sure am looking forward to reading the stories.

    OOO's...T :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna